George Mueller rising! Great Deal!

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 52 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 6:28 PM

Jacob Hantla:
throw a good bid in on Scougal's works too please.

Yeah, all you cheapskates (Surprise) who have bid $2, $3, or $4, come on and bid $5.00. Less than the difference of one grande latte at Starbucks!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 10:20 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Jacob Hantla:
throw a good bid in on Scougal's works too please.

Yeah, all you cheapskates (Surprise) who have bid $2, $3, or $4, come on and bid $5.00. Less than the difference of one grande latte at Starbucks!

I will add my third to this notion!!  I am thinking this would be a great book....in above 10

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 12:29 PM

I've upped my bid to $30 for mueller

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 12:31 PM

having upped my bid, I had the satisfaction of seeing the pointer rise - try it!

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 12:34 PM

nicky crane:
having upped my bid, I had the satisfaction of seeing the pointer rise - try it!

Wow. Immediate gratification. Shows the power of one.

However anyone who ups his/her bid to $18 can get the same immediate gratification.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 12:37 PM

Mark A. Smith:

nicky crane:

Wow. Immediate gratification. Shows the power of one.

However anyone who ups his/her bid to $18 can get the same immediate gratification.

I'd have to "up" mine down from $45. Smile The question is, Should I lower my bid? I put that in some time back, but when I saw the highest number of bids going much lower in dollars, I still left my bid as it was, thinking that I will be charged whatever everyone else is charged.

Bill

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1963
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 12:56 PM

If you bid higher than the eventual selling price, then you will get the product for the selling price.

Posts 2925
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 1:25 PM

Bidding $45 counts as a $42, $39, $36, $33, $30, $27, etc...

So lowering you bid will have no net effect unless you lower it to below the amount it actually goes for.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 1:31 PM

MarkSwaim:
If you bid higher than the eventual selling price, then you will get the product for the selling price.

Pretty nice form of bidding isn't it? You can't pay more but could pay substantially less.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 1:43 PM

Works for me. Yes

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 27 2010 2:14 PM

the whole center of the graph is rising, more than the original highpoint of $18.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 343

I'm surprised Community Pricing doesn't take off quicker.  It seems like you could see it for days and it not move at all.  I wonder if some Christians are confused and think bidding is "gambling," lol.  I just thought more would be interested in this resource.

Jason Saling

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 5:33 AM

Jason Saling:

I'm surprised Community Pricing doesn't take off quicker.  It seems like you could see it for days and it not move at all.  I wonder if some Christians are confused and think bidding is "gambling," lol.  I just thought more would be interested in this resource.

. . . you never know how people think!  (re: gambling!)

As for how quickly things take off: I wonder: something like George Mueller is a longer work, requires a higher cost, and perhaps people don't realized that, and the marker doesn't move as quickly, because it requires more people to bid higher than, say, a 176 pg. book.

I see GM's set going higher, but it IS taking a while.  It is easily worth a $30 bid, but even some more $20 bids would help!

Posts 1129
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:31 AM

Jason Saling:

I think that this is why we all have to keep talking about the Community Pricing on this Forum. If we can just add one a two new committed Community Pricing participates per week we will slowly create a small army of bidders. Imagine if every one of those 100,000 people who downloaded the Logos iPhone app would bid just $1? That is $100,000! I can imagine any public domain work that couldn't be brought into production for that type of money.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 6:42 AM

Keith Larson:

Jason Saling:

I think that this is why we all have to keep talking about the Community Pricing on this Forum. If we can just add one a two new committed Community Pricing participates per week we will slowly create a small army of bidders. Imagine if every one of those 100,000 people who downloaded the Logos iPhone app would bid just $1? That is $100,000! I can imagine any public domain work that couldn't be brought into production for that type of money.

George Muller's life has GOT to be the easiest pre-pub to sell!  I mean, Aquinas?  is that a Coke product?  Scougal?  sounds like a disease the sailors suffered from.  Redpath?  Is that about Native American Indians?  All those are too theological, obscure, or technical for the average iPhone downloader or even Logos base package user.  But George Mueller?  The dude was AMAZING!  I can't imagine the stories and reflections packed into that set.  All 4,565 pages of it!  Highlight one of his stories of faith and God's providing for the hungry kids, or a quote from it.  Man, this puppy outta FLY off the shelves!  (or through the fiber optics . . . )  Any serious college student would love spending time getting to know this party-animal turned saint.  C'mon already, let's SELL it!!!!  (and bid on it, too!)

What is your favorite Mueller story?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:32 AM

I just upped my bid to $24. I wonder what would happen if all of us $18 bidders went to $24? I bet once it passes the threshold it will get back down to at least $21.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 8:44 AM

Barnes has risen quite a bit. Come on baby! Sorry I'm a little exited.

Posts 222
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:31 AM

Philip Spitzer:

I just upped my bid to $24. I wonder what would happen if all of us $18 bidders went to $24? I bet once it passes the threshold it will get back down to at least $21.

If you could persuade bidders sitting on $15 and $18 to raise their bids to $21 then that would be enough

A song I wrote and recorded : He Who Sits Upon The Throne

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 9:59 AM

Jeremy White:
If you could persuade bidders sitting on $15 and $18 to raise their bids to $21 then that would be enough

If only I knew where they lived :-)

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 10:33 AM

inching closer to 90%!!!

Let's rock, people.  if you haven't bid yet, read through and see why several have.  Muller's story is simply one of the most profound in the last two centuries.  Totally ran an orphanage on 'faith', no funding appeals--EVER.  And God, by His mercy and grace, supplied.  Every. single. time!

if you are open to it: up your bid a few dollars.  If you haven't bid, then bid!  you won't be sorry to have this treasure trove of illustrations, stories, and challenge to your faith (encouragingly)

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS