10 Essential and Often Missed Logos Features

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 16
James Fowler | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 24 2015 9:37 AM

A while back I created this document and I wanted to crowd source the forums to see if you agreed with this list? Should it be lengthened and what if any features do you enjoy but you feel that most people miss? I will update this doc and post when I collect your suggestions. 8422.Logos Tips and Often Missed Features .pdf

Posts 563
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 12:58 PM

Well being new to Logos this is great for me.. But that also means I currently have no suggestions.. 

But following this post.. 

Posts 948
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 1:42 PM

Good stuff. It's often tough to know whether such features are actually "often missed", but that's your call, of course. One suggestion you may think about incorporating is updating it to Logos 6.

Posts 5905
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 1:56 PM

One feature I was reminded of when looking at a training video yesterday was the global history panel from the tools menu.  I remember when this first came out in Libroinx.  It was big news.  But in more recent times I hadn't thought much about is because there are so many great features.  This tool has only one job, it's does it without fanfare but valuable nonetheless. 

Posts 16
James Fowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2015 9:30 AM

The "often missed" is pulling from conversations I've had with customer's and conferences I have led workshops at. Thanks so much for your input. Great feedback. 

Posts 45
David Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2015 6:23 PM

Since this thread has restarted, let me add Clause Search.  Tonight I wanted to see every location where Judas was referenced in the gospels. The Clause search for "person:Judas Iscariot" returns every reference INCLUDING those occasions where Judas is only referred to by way of the pronouns "he" or "his".

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2015 6:38 PM

David Scott:

Since this thread has restarted, let me add Clause Search.  Tonight I wanted to see every location where Judas was referenced in the gospels. The Clause search for "person:Judas Iscariot" returns every reference INCLUDING those occasions where Judas is only referred to by way of the pronouns "he" or "his".

Clause search is not really necessary for this. You can just do a plan bible search for <Person Judas Iscariot>. Clause search is more useful when you need Judas in a particular role. 

Posts 712
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2015 7:32 PM

Thank you, James.

Posts 16
James Fowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 8:21 AM

Perhaps I am too easily amazed but I love exploring the simply things in Logos. I am working on updating this list and I have recently started exploring more with what you can do when you select the information resource link. https://www.logos.com/training/logos5/library-pt3

When you select multiple resources, it allows for quick tagging or building collections. It is the simple things in life! 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS