Failed installation popup

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Catherine Lewis-Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2015 5:39 AM

Earlier this week my hard drive was cloned, and since it came back to me, each time I open Logos it tells me that it is installing an update, and then I get a message saying that the installation of Logos failed. On next boot, the same installation is attempted and fails again.As far as I can see, I can interact with my usual layouts and favourite resources as normal, but would welcome advice about what to do.5102.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 5:50 AM

It looks like the L6.6 installer is failing to download. Under Program Settings do you have "Automatically Download Updates set to Yes? If so do you have updates restricted to a certain time frame?

Posts 3
Catherine Lewis-Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 5:56 AM

Yes, automatically download updates is on and the time restriction set there is midnight to midnight.

Posts 4595
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 7:40 AM

Unless someone else chimes in with a solution, I would advise contacting Tech Support

Posts 64
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:30 PM

I am working with Logos 6 in Win 10.

When opening Logos the download occurred and then as installation started, the msg. "installation failed" popped up. I waited for some time since the "1" saying the installation was occurring. I received a blue popup that said for the installation to complete, the laptop needed to be restarted.

That suggested that it was not Logos 6 that was being updated, but Win 10. When the restart was complete, I tried opening Logos again and the download/installation started and failed. (It was apparently an update to Win 10. The restart of the OS indicated so and made no difference)

SO, I tried what I had done much earlier after having recently installed the Win 10 OS.  I opened Logo 6.5 and the first update downloaded to install- but failed. Then I opened Logos as administrator and the installation of Logos 6.6 SR-1 completed quickly.

BKGD: Earlier I was told by tech support that using run as administrator was not a good idea and used their suggestion to change the security settings for the Logos 4 folder in Win 10. The next update to 6.6 installed having opened Logos normally. Thus, I concluded the install failure solved.

However after making that change 6.6 SR-1 failed to install from Logos 6.6. Thus, I used the "run as administrator" (that's me - it's a stand alone laptop that only I use). 6.6 SR-1 installed smoothly.

Since 6.6 updated OK from 6.5 SR-1 having applied the Win 10 security fix for the Logos4 folder, I assumed the problem with Win 10 was fixed. But this recent update also would only install when run as administrator.

It is an effective workaround, but I don't know what else to do. The security fix in Win 10 suggested by tech support did not work. (BTW the instructions to change the security for Logos 4 folder were for the Win 8.1 OS - I am using Win 10 - they appeared to be similar) ??

In short when opening Logos and the update fails, a workaround is to run as administrator OR contact tech support to see if they have another solution. Changing security access to the Logos4 (or 5) folder did not work in my case.

Sorry for such a long account- I tried to be as accurate as possible. 

Posts 27553
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 4:04 PM

Have you tried to manually download and install the update? See the link in my signature line.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Catherine Lewis-Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 11:30 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm sorted and the following 2 things may have helped:

1) I realised that the computer support guy had changed my firewall program from one product to another, so I needed to give logos permissions again.

2) I followed Warren's suggestion to open Logos using 'Run as Administrator' and the installation then succeeded.

Thank you all for the advice.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS