Updates Show Twice

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2015 3:27 PM

Have noticed for the past month or so, whenever I receive a new resource or update it shows when it is downloaded (and I X it), and then it appears the next time I launch Logos (though I don't think it is downloaded a second time).  And this happens on my Windows PC, iMac, and MacBook.  Running Logo Now 6.  Is this by design? 

Posts 36
Erich-Ayumi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 3:37 PM

Hmmm, I thought i was the only one haha. I guess I am not alone on this.

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 4:04 PM

Steve Farson:
it shows when it is downloaded (and I X it)

How do you X it? Where/what does it show the next time?

Please clarify, preferably with an example.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 5:49 PM

In the status bar on up on the right, next to my name and the gear icon, where it indicates resources updated (with a down arrow to see which ones), and an "X" to remove the indication.  My new resources always show twice.... once when they were first downloaded, and the next time I run Logos.  

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:11 AM

Steve Farson:
In the status bar on up on the right, next to my name and the gear icon, where it indicates resources updated

Ok, you are on the Home Page. I don't have that issue, but does your Logos startup on the Home Page?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 8:36 PM

OK... Back from a trip.  Yes, LOGOS starts up on the Home Page.  When I got back from my trip I had two resources updated.  I quit LOGOS, did some work elsewhere, then started LOGOS again.  The screen attached showed both times.  But the download happened only the first time.  Doesn't matter how many resources are updated, they all show twice... two consecutive LOGOS launches, then no more.  Doesn't matter which PC platform... happens with my WIN7, iMac, and MacbookPro.

Anyway, not a big deal.  Thanks for trying to help.  App runs fine.  Whenever I see I have new resources I check to see if they really are new or arrived the previous LOGOS launch.

Posts 1084
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 8:53 PM

As the many threads on this show, L6 has been buggy with updates ever since it launched. For me, updates actually download only about 1 out of every 5 attempts to click on the notification. Usually I have to do some combination of killing processes with Task Manager and rebooting to get it to work, but nothing is consistently effective. (I posted logs once but was just told it was a Windows problem & given no real help; the problem has persisted on other devices and after upgrading the OS to Win10.)

I keep trying and eventually get it to work, so it's not a huge deal. I'm sure Faithlife will keep trying and eventually get it to work too. Big Smile

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 26141
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 1:15 AM

Steve Farson:
 Whenever I see I have new resources I check to see if they really are new or arrived the previous LOGOS launch.

I had assumed that they were cleared by time not by initiation of the program. I actually prefer to see everything that download during a day or so. It would be interesting to know what actually causes items to clear.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2057
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:

Steve Farson:
 Whenever I see I have new resources I check to see if they really are new or arrived the previous LOGOS launch.

I had assumed that they were cleared by time not by initiation of the program. I actually prefer to see everything that download during a day or so. It would be interesting to know what actually causes items to clear.

I don't have the code in front of me to check right now, but I believe the list is supposed to be cleared either when you click the "x" button to remove the list, or everything on the far side of a gap of more than a certain amount of time (a few days perhaps?). In other words, if you get an update every day for three days, then you would see all three days of updates unless you manually clear the list. This usually works out well as a way to show recent updates, since our release cycle for resource updates is typically every 2 weeks.

Posts 325
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 9:00 AM

Yes... I manually clear the updated resource list with the X, but they show again the next time I launch Logos.  It could be four hours later or four days later.  I clear them a second time and they do not show again.  Been this way for 6-8 weeks.  Wasn't like this before.  Strange it happens with both my WIN7 and Mac platforms.  But no big deal.  Just finally got around to asking about what I've been seeing for almost two months on my three installations.

Posts 2057
LogosEmployee

Steve Farson:

Yes... I manually clear the updated resource list with the X, but they show again the next time I launch Logos.  It could be four hours later or four days later.  I clear them a second time and they do not show again.  Been this way for 6-8 weeks.  Wasn't like this before.  Strange it happens with both my WIN7 and Mac platforms.  But no big deal.  Just finally got around to asking about what I've been seeing for almost two months on my three installations.

Thanks for the report. I've created a case for this bug.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS