How do I show verb moods/tenses visually?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 406
Fred Greco | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:59 PM

Is there a way using a filter or otherwise to get a visual view of the use of verbs in a passage? So that I can see, for example, which verbs are indicative, which imperative, etc.? My foggy recollection is that there used to be a way to do this in Logos a long time ago (maybe a "verb river"). Any help is appreciated.

Fred Greco
Senior Pastor, Christ Church PCA, Katy, TX
Windows 10 64-bit; Logos 7.1 SR-2 (Reformed Platinum)

Posts 5527
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 4:25 PM

Fred Greco:

Is there a way using a filter or otherwise to get a visual view of the use of verbs in a passage? So that I can see, for example, which verbs are indicative, which imperative, etc.? My foggy recollection is that there used to be a way to do this in Logos a long time ago (maybe a "verb river"). Any help is appreciated.

Fred a verb river will do it.  These days the verb river report is part of the Passage Analysis Tool  and is called Morph River.  This can be accessed from the passage section of the tools menu.

You could also setup a customer visual filter to show tenses or get a copy of a shared visual filter for greek moods from here:

https://documents.logos.com/groups/3376172/documents?offset=0&sortType=Date&sortOrder=Descending&filter=mood&privacy=All&documentKind=All

Posts 1613
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 2:57 AM

Good advice! I did not recall hearing this tool before, but it creates interesting graphics!

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 4:37 AM

Fred Greco:
Is there a way using a filter or otherwise to get a visual view of the use of verbs in a passage?

Logos Wiki has => https://wiki.logos.com/Extended_Tips_for_Highlighting_and_Visual_Filters#Examples_of_visual_filters

If join Faithlife group Logos Visual Filters, can copy Highlighting palettes then Visual Filters by clicking Get Copy to the right of the desired document name followed by synchronizing Logos. Alternative is Select All then Action => Get Copies

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS