ESV REVERSE interlinears gone!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3613
Milkman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:21 PM

Would somebody be able to help me figure out why I don't have the REVERSE interlinears for my ESV. When I do a Library search and type in "ESV" all I get is the ESV Bible. I have recently transfered all my Resources from Logos 3 on to a portable hard drive. However, I don't think that should have cause my REVERSE to vanish? I have the Platinum Ed.

mm.

Posts 9427
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:23 PM

In 4.0 the Reverse Interlinears are not separate resources as in 3.0. So you won't find them listed in your Library that way. Open the ESV and you'll see the word 'Interlinear' near the top of the ESV resource panel. That activates and deactivates the interlinear feature in 4.0, which is significantly different than that in 3.0.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3613
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:27 PM

I see the interlinear below the english text at the bottom of the window. but isn't there a separate window that opens up all together as if it's another separate resource page?

mm.

Posts 2977
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:33 PM

Milkman:

I see the interlinear below the english text at the bottom of the window. but isn't there a separate window that opens up all together as if it's another separate resource page?

There is no separate reverse interlinears in v4. The logic for that was that there isn't any anticipated need for them now that they are so integrated with the text. THe only purpose for a reverse interlinear is to quickly see select portions of the Greek/Hebrew "behind" the English text. That is completely integrated into Logos now for those texts that have reverse interlinears via the hover and interlinear window beneath the text. 

There was some pushback on this during the beta, but I think most everybody relented and nobody could propose a valid reason for having a  separate reverse interlinear resource. Do you have a particular purpose for wanting a separate reverse interlinear resource in light of the complete integration found in L4?

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 3613
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:40 PM

Hey Jacob,

Not really, I guess I was a little used to the L3 way of viewing the Reverse. I guess old habits are hard to die and with all the improvments made to L4, who really can complain about a small thing like this. My Greek is a bit rusty, out of Seminary for some years now and really wanting to get back to where I was before. However, I do understand that there may be a separate window to open up in the near future, according to one of the blogs. Thanks for the reply, I got to go and start reading my GNT :)

mm.

Posts 9427
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:58 PM

Jacob Hantla:
There was some pushback on this during the beta, but I think most everybody relented and nobody could propose a valid reason for having a  separate reverse interlinear resource.

There will be some sort of full pane reverse interlinear coming out. Here's the notice:

First Quarter 2010

• Notes importing
  • Visual markup (now called Highlighting) importing
  • Verse lists
  • Word lists
  • Prayer lists
  • Full-view reverse interlinears

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 32
Richard Stimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 1:48 PM

So when is the Full View Reverse Interlinear going on line?

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 1:52 PM

It is available now in version 4.0C

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 1:58 PM

RichardStimson:

Peace to you, Richard!                It's here!   It's here!     At least with my ESV, my basic preferred Bible.  Guess I will check the others now that you have written to see if they're completely here also.

To get there from here ....   *smile*     ...     I open my ESV    ...    I do not select interlinear     .......     I do check "in line" under "display" 

Voila, there it is!

You can also if you desire have your cake and eat it too by then checking "interlinear"

Yours in Christ,  .........   Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 25 2010 2:05 PM

RichardStimson:

Actually, the version I think you want is the Lexham Greek - English interlinear ..     That's here also!     *smile*        But, it doesn't have the special half screen interlinear that ESV and other Bibles have ...

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS