Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Maurice Boardman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 26 2015 9:37 PM

I'm using Windows 7 x64, Proclaim v1.30.0.708

1. In Edit mode on a Song panel, the CCLI license number obscures the "Licensed by CCLI" text. 

2. In edit mode on a Bible verse, Proclaim highlights text instead of placing the cursor at the point where the user clicks. Let me explain. When I first select a Bible verse (Ctrl-Shift-B, type "jn 3 16-17", arrow down to select the reference, press enter to accept the selection), the editing toolbar is not yet displayed. When I click in the text editing area, (move mouse pointer to the period after "eternal life." and left-click), the mousedown event places the cursor at the point I clicked, and then shows the editing toolbar, which pushes everything down about 2 lines, (leaving the mouse one to two lines higher than where I clicked), and then the mouseup event as I release the mouse button causes the text between the location of mousedown and the location of mouseup to be highlighted. Suggestion: don't hide the editing toolbar; instead, show it as soon as the verse is selected and text is displayed in the editing box. That way, when I click, the context doesn't move around on me.

Immediately after selecting reference

Immediately after left-clicking following "eternal life."

Thanks!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 10:09 PM

Maurice Boardman:
1. In Edit mode on a Song panel, the CCLI license number obscures the "Licensed by CCLI" text. 

Can I see a screenshot of the entire window? This should only happen when the window width shrinks down quite small.

Maurice Boardman:
In edit mode on a Bible verse, Proclaim highlights text instead of placing the cursor at the point where the user clicks. Let me explain. When I first select a Bible verse (Ctrl-Shift-B, type "jn 3 16-17", arrow down to select the reference, press enter to accept the selection), the editing toolbar is not yet displayed.

I'm not able to reproduce this at the moment but I'll have test run this scenario through its paces on Monday. We'll follow up with you for more info if we can't reproduce.

Thanks for the feedback!

Posts 12
Maurice Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 10:30 PM

The window is 1366 x 928 px. And I do see that by enlarging the window, the problem goes away. This is probably not a problem at all in that case.

Actions to reproduce the edit mode error:

Ctrl-Shift-B; "jn 3 16-17", wait for suggestions; arrow down to highlight reference; enter to load text; left-click after "eternal life." Proclaim's response in showing the toolbar is faster than I can release the mouse. If it's slow on your machine, it's possible you could release the mouse before the toolbar shows. If that's the case, click and hold the mouse stationary, then release it after a second.

Blessings!

Posts 12
Maurice Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 10:59 PM

I see now that I had the News/Members/Messages panel open, which I usually don't while in edit mode. This reduced the screen real estate to the point that the text was obscured... user error!

And the presence of the News/Members/Messages panel caused the editing toolbar to require two rows, which exposed the problem with the highlighting text. If the window is wide enough (or I close the News/... panel, the editing toolbar fits on one line, and the text highlighting problem is not present. 

I still think this is an issue, but a minor one, and it may have been present in the earlier version also, i.e., not a situation introduced by v1.30.

Maurice

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS