Anyone getting El Capitan tomorrow?

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36
Erich-Ayumi | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2015 1:23 PM

Well I am sure some of us here will move to El Capitan tomorrow. Are there any Beta users here? How is Logos latest update working on the Gold Release?

Posts 81
Joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 1:41 PM

Erich-Ayumi:
How is Logos latest update working on the Gold Release?

Better than Evernote. Evernote crashes, Logos 6 doesn't on my computer. 

Posts 1355
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 2:10 PM

I've been on the betas for a few weeks without any noticeable issues. Haven't downloaded the  Gold Master yet, but will tomorrow with the public release.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1073
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 8:31 AM

Does this mean it is safe to update to EL Capitan? and use Logos 6.6

I have been waiting until we get the go ahead from Logos / FL

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 8:34 AM

I am also curious before I jump head long into the download. 

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 8:36 AM

Lee:
Does this mean it is safe to update to EL Capitan? and use Logos 6.6

I have upgraded and have had no issues... however: I would use caution if you are installing it on a production machine. At least wait until monday if you have Sunday responsibilities. While no major issues have been reported, the chances of issues popping up when a greater population updates is increased. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 9:34 AM

I did a clean install on my personal machine and it's running like a charm.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 10:28 AM

Gabe Martini (Faithlife):

Same Here! Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 10:28 AM

Same Here! Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 11:03 AM

This is good to know! Thanks for the information brothers.

Posts 10517
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 11:35 AM

I have not done a clean install of a Mac OS in many years. All I did for El Cap was update my current installation. Other than Default Folder being disabled, I am having no problems at all. Logos 6.7 Beta 1 is working like a charm.

Posts 14
Ben Schoof | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 12:04 PM

I had a moment of panic after updating last night; this morning Logos would not open. No dock icon bounce, nothing.

Tried restarting, tried a different account, nothing.

Ended up deleting the logos application, redownloading it, and now it seems to be working fine.

I do seem to have located a bug in El Cap, however. Despite having no USB devices plugged in, a "USB Devices Disabled: A device is using too much power" error message has appeared on the top right corner of my iMac's screen. It has a "close" button, but pressing it closes it but it simply reappears after a few seconds. Quite annoying, as it remains across all my desktops, and I can't move it out of the way. This is a pretty isolated problem I think, I was only able to find a couple other people posting about it on the internets

Posts 2235
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 9:32 PM

Been running it since late yesterday. Couple of quirks, Logos seems fine. The upgrade added about 3 GB of free disk space. Safari 9 is much better.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1073
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 12:26 AM

Ok so you don't have to do a clean install to upgrade. I really did not want to clean everything.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 2:56 AM

I am upgrading this morning! Figured I would allow the longish download to operate while I was at work.

Posts 382
Sacrifice | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 6:53 AM

installed earlier this morning. All seems to be fine. Logos does not seem to be affected one way or the other (same fine self) - but it is very easy to say anything definite. 

Yours In Christ

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 7:03 AM

Can someone explain to me what is El Capitan ?

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 7:22 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

Can someone explain to me what is El Capitan ?

It is the newest version of Apple's Operating System (OS X). It's designation is 10.11. Previously Apple used Cat names to provide a more "user friendly" nomenclature (i.e. "Lion" and "Snow Leopard"). They have since moved to naming the new versions based on names of geographical regions within the state of California ("Mavericks," "Yosemite,")

https://www.apple.com/osx/elcapitan-preview/ 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 36
Erich-Ayumi | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 8:18 AM

Second day of El Capitan today. Im using macbook air 2013, i3-4GB, SSD. So far it no crashes and I noticed a slight speed bump when I first start the program. Also, I noticed that it open my books slightly faster. 0.5-1 second faster.

Posts 1073
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 10:12 PM

Hello All

It did end up taking about 14 hours to download. 

Either first the servers at Apple are very slow..... or the mass of users are doing the upgrade.. 

But this also reminded me about doing the Logos 6 upgrade and I want to say that even with the few problems at the time, the servers at Logos.com appear to be capable of much better speeds than Apple.

Edited: Note i made a trip to the office so i could use a faster connection.. 6mb instead of my home at 3mb. But it does not look like it is helping.

After finishing the install Logos is working with no problems Big Smile

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS