Logos 6 ok with new OS X?
Stable to upgrade Os?

Posts 27431
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 11:47 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
Logos 6 ok with new OS X?
Stable to upgrade Os?

I have not heard of any complaints... anyone who has commented has given the thumbs up. With that said, I would recommend waiting since you need Logos for work. More problems typically pop up with a larger population of users updating. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 4:10 PM

Safari 9 was released just prior to the new OS. It's definitely an improvement and works fine with Yosemite. Big thumbs up!

I'm downloading El Capitan now. Since I have other machines, I'm safe. I'll try and report back, I'm sure they'll be patching ut just as they did iOs 9 which has had two updates so far.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 88
David Housholder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 6:44 PM

After I installed El Capitan on a late 2009 MacBook I tried to open Logos and it would not open. I tried rebooting. Still no go. So I downloaded the installer again and ran that, and now it's working fine.

Dave Housholder

Posts 36
Erich-Ayumi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 6:57 PM

Macbook air 2013 - El capitan - Logos 6 latest version - so far so good. I noticed a SLIGHT speed improvement. Just SLIGHT! Maybe 0.5 seconds haha

Posts 27431
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 8:05 PM

David Housholder:
After I installed El Capitan on a late 2009 MacBook I tried to open Logos and it would not open.

When did you install El Capitan? There is an issue which has caused at least 20 users to be unable to open Logos... but it is unrelated to El Capitan. The fix is to manually install the latest update, which is what you did. (Just trying to figure out if there was indeed an El Capitan issue or if it can be explained by other causes). 

Posts 27431
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 8:58 PM

Here is a screen shot of split-view:

Posts 2219
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 1 2015 9:36 PM

Happy to report that the new OS is so far just fine. No glitches seen yet in Logos 6.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 47
Pastor Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 2:16 PM

Same problem. After upgrade Logos would not open. 2014 Macbook Air.

Reinstalled and seems to be OK.

Posts 232
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 6:21 PM

Logos 6 is working OK with El Capitan.  However, El Capitan broke the "Services Menu" in Word and Pages.  "Replace with Passage" no longer works but fortunately "Copy Bible Verses" still does.  (That's with Office 2011 and Pages 5.)  I'll be installing Office 2016 as soon as I have time but suspect those functions won't work there either.

In Christ,

Charles

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 277
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 7:21 PM

Not too impressed with the split screen as employed by Verbum. Here's the basic attempt to use it: http://i.imgur.com/WxIwOQZ.png

Now I can get it looking good when I create a free floating window, but then, as soon as I try to click on the text it snaps back to full screen.

Something to consider for the next patch (unless anybody in the community knows a better way)

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 27431
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 8:08 PM

David Wanat:

Not too impressed with the split screen as employed by Verbum. Here's the basic attempt to use it: http://i.imgur.com/WxIwOQZ.png

Now I can get it looking good when I create a free floating window, but then, as soon as I try to click on the text it snaps back to full screen.

Something to consider for the next patch (unless anybody in the community knows a better way)

i am completely confused by your post. Can you try again? Are you talking about El Capitan's "split view"? If so, see my screen shot above. In the future, please attach screen shots with the paperclip icon so that we can see it. 

Posts 277
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 8:44 AM

EDIT: Ok. Apologies here. I see it was my misunderstanding of how Split view worked. When I create a floating window and have the program I want to split with up and running, it seems to work like your picture shows. Unfortunately, when I want to use Verbum without the floating window, whatever text I open shows only half the split screen.

If there is a workaround, I'd appreciate knowing how to do it.

Retina MacBook Pro, 2013, iPad Mini 4

Platinum: Verbum. Gold: Orthodox. Bronze: Lutheran. Starter: Anglican, Baptist, Messianic Jewish, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA, Standard

Posts 4593
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 10:08 AM

Hmm...

Not Verbum - OS X beta and Logos Beta so atypical but it does work for me!

Posts 14
Ben Schoof | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 11:18 AM

alabama24:
When did you install El Capitan? There is an issue which has caused at least 20 users to be unable to open Logos... but it is unrelated to El Capitan.

I don't know why you keep saying the issue is unrelated to El-Capitan (in multiple threads).

It's obviously related - look at the forums, a significant number of people are reporting being unable to open Logos after updating to the new OS. The good news is that updating the core engine (presumably updating to the latest Logos version) fixes the issue.

It is likely a compatibility issue between El Capitan and a particular (older) version of Logos.

But a quick look at the forums will reveal this is a reasonably significant issue, and Logos should acknowledge it and post the fix where people can find it easily

Posts 27431
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 12:59 PM

Ben Schoof:
I don't know why you keep saying the issue is unrelated to El-Capitan (in multiple threads).

Because it isn't. The issue is happening to users on both Yosemite and El Capitan. 

Posts 203
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 1:14 PM

Charles:

Logos 6 is working OK with El Capitan.  However, El Capitan broke the "Services Menu" in Word and Pages.  "Replace with Passage" no longer works but fortunately "Copy Bible Verses" still does.  (That's with Office 2011 and Pages 5.)  I'll be installing Office 2016 as soon as I have time but suspect those functions won't work there either.

In Christ,

Charles

Just FYI.  Problem also exists for Office 2016 in El Capitan (at least for me). Not blaming anyone or any particular OS X, just making an informational statement.

Logos opens fine for me...

Posts 10482
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 3:27 PM

Charles:
 I'll be installing Office 2016 as soon as I have time but suspect those functions won't work there either.

Believe MS offers a free trial. You might want to try that before you buy—unless you already subscribe to 365. I have used MS Word for Mac since version 1.4 (1985). I persevered through the version 5-6 faisco, but I returned this mess within 24 hours. Custom toolbars are gone, none of your custom keyboard shortcuts work, and the new ribbon was designed by a sadist. This release is a crippled version of the Windows release.

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 8:16 PM

Thanks everyone.
I upgraded Os and have had no issues with Logos -so far.
Thanks again.

Posts 4593
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2015 10:34 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Thanks everyone.
I upgraded Os and have had no issues with Logos -so far.
Thanks again.

Out of interest - does this (or anything like it) work for you?

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS