Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 173
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 13 2010 7:58 PM

I am not sure if this is a good suggestion or not but I would like to see something like this in Logos 4.

When I open L4 and see the little blue icon downloading an update and then indexing it I guess I get a little bit excited!  Knowing that there are a lot of things being added to Logos and there is a lot to come! I am excitedly waiting for different updates to be added to my program! However I also am bothered when I cannot find out just what got updated or fixed or added so I would like to have an "Update History" so to speak, just so I can see what has been added and when.

Posts 37
David Lowther | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 8:02 PM

Hi Wesley - I think that is a great suggestion and it is one that has been requested by others, as well. I hope we see that feature added to Logos 4.

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 8:21 PM

There is an "update history" for features, in the form of the release notes. But I think it would be great to have that for resource updates as well. For most of the last few resource updates, they've been posting here on the forum a list of what has changed. Maybe those of us who are wiki editors can pull together a wiki page like the release notes page (which was originally a user initiative) and link to the forum post that describes what has changed. It'll be a bit of work to go through the forum finding all such past posts, so I'm not promising anything right away, but I'll see what I can do...  Also I have no control over when or whether Logos releases such descriptive posts, or how detailed (or not) they are. All I could offer to do would be collect a set of links to them all, organized chronologically.

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 9:09 PM

OK, I've created this page on the wiki. Here's the post where I describe it: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/11708.aspx

Posts 173
Wesley Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 14 2010 5:21 AM

Wow! Yes Talk about quick service! It will be great to know when the resources are being updated and I know it would be wonderful if this were somehow Incorporated into the Logos 4 program!

One important reason would be to "calm the nerves" of some of us L4 owners when the update begins (If one knows just what the update is they might understand better why the download has begun!)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS