Is it really the Encyclopedia Britannica as we might of thought?

Page 8 of 14 (262 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 261 Replies | 21 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:40 PM

Greg Masone:
But with that said, now that you've got a decent relationship with EB the company, how about getting The Great Books of the Western World and The Great Ideas Today sets in Noet? Big Smile

Oh, Yes!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:53 PM

Thanks Phil for the explanation. I was never worried that Faithlife would respond and make things right. Thank you very much! Again, I am very happy with my relationship with Faithlife.

Posts 1886
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:54 PM

Greg Masone:
how about getting The Great Books of the Western World and The Great Ideas Today sets in Noet?

Keep an eye on Pre-Pub.

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:56 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

It is embarrassing, to be sure. One of the problems with being a company of ~450 people is that people tend to work in silos. 

In our company of 200 employees, most of whom work in the same building, we have a terrible time breaking down silos. I completely understand how this could happen. We battle it daily.

Posts 498
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 7:58 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Keep an eye on Pre-Pub.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Party!!!BeerCoolMusicBig Smile

Posts 235
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:03 PM

I wanted to give my sincere thanks to Phil and FL, as well as the folks over at EB, for working to get everything straightened out. 

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:10 PM

Bruce Roth:

I don't want to stir up the pot here...

Thanks for stirring the pot even though you did not want to.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:12 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Greg Masone:
how about getting The Great Books of the Western World and The Great Ideas Today sets in Noet?

Keep an eye on Pre-Pub.

That would complement NOET very well.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 909
LogosEmployee

Greg Masone:
But with that said, now that you've got a decent relationship with EB the company, how about getting The Great Books of the Western World and The Great Ideas Today sets in Noet? Big Smile

Yes Smile

(edited to remove double quote)

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 8:32 PM

Super.Tramp:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Greg Masone:

Keep an eye on Pre-Pub.

That would complement NOET very well.

Yes!  That would be awesome!  And please make sure each volume has that new leather bound smell, shiny gilded gold pages, and a book ribbon! Stick out tongue

Posts 653
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 9:08 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Here are your options:

1. If you're happy to have access to Compton's now and wait for Encyclopedia Britannica to be delivered later this year or early next year, you don't need to do anything. Enjoy access to Compton's now and wait patiently as we build Encyclopedia Britannica. You're paid in full and won't be charged for anything else.
  2. If you'd like to wait to pay until the full product is finished, you can return the product and place a pre-order for the new one. You'll get both encyclopedias when they're finished and won't be charged until then. We'll honor the Pre-Pub price you had when you pre-ordered the original product.
  3. If you'd like a refund, we'd be happy take care of that for you.

I'm considering the second option. How would I proceed? I'm looking at my order under my profile and don't see any way to electronically undo the purchase. Do I need to call or send an email to a sales rep?

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 9:28 PM

Posts 1886
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 9:38 PM

Ted Weis:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Here are your options:

1. If you're happy to have access to Compton's now and wait for Encyclopedia Britannica to be delivered later this year or early next year, you don't need to do anything. Enjoy access to Compton's now and wait patiently as we build Encyclopedia Britannica. You're paid in full and won't be charged for anything else.
  2. If you'd like to wait to pay until the full product is finished, you can return the product and place a pre-order for the new one. You'll get both encyclopedias when they're finished and won't be charged until then. We'll honor the Pre-Pub price you had when you pre-ordered the original product.
  3. If you'd like a refund, we'd be happy take care of that for you.

I'm considering the second option. How would I proceed? I'm looking at my order under my profile and don't see any way to electronically undo the purchase. Do I need to call or send an email to a sales rep?

You would need to call our customer service team at 800-875-6467. They'd be happy to help you with this.

Posts 1886
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 9:41 PM

Bruce Roth:

Phil,

I would like to thank Faithlife for its diligence and quick turn around in addressing this issue that was brought up with regards to the Britannica.  It was great to see a solution and communication within 24 hours.  I for one will hang onto the resource and eagerly await the next release of the more robust EB.  

A suggestion that maybe could mitigate some of this in the future might be to bring in beta testers to look at major resources like this and get their feedback.  I would think that there were a subset of beta testers that signed up for the pre-pub deal and their eyes might of caught some of the concerns prior to the release to everyone.

Keep up the good work.

This is a good idea. I'll discuss it with the team. Thanks!

Posts 1886
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 9:44 PM

David Bailey:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mark Barnes:
There may be some number of people who pre-ordered at $99 before the prepub price went up to $199, but have since asked for a refund. If the next pre-pub price is going to be more than $99 you may want to add some provision so that they can still get the new bundle for $99.

We will honor the original Pre-Pub price for those who have canceled already.

So those who cancelled the original pre-pub prior to it going into production can purchase the new pre-pub for $99? If this is correct, I would place my order for the new pre-pub.  Thanks. 

You'd be able to pre-order the new Pre-Pub for whatever price you pre-ordered the first Pre-Pub.

Posts 1886
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 9:48 PM

I've updated my original post with additional information, so I can send people to one post instead of asking them to read the following pages of discussion.

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2015 12:53 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
There's likely a middle category where we can strategically include some articles that are key for our audience.

Personally, for my studies, I would find most value in articles based around middle-eastern/Graeco-Roman geography and history, and other religions. I'd expect content outside of that, of course, but if you had to make a choice between choosing an article on "Celiac Disease" or Caligula, I'd much rather you chose the latter.

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2015 3:58 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Greg Masone:

Keep an eye on Pre-Pub.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2015 4:23 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
The largest articles are off limits. They're happy for us to choose from all the articles under the certain word limit.

I wonder if that means we'll get the Micropædia but not the Macropædia? If that's the case, it would be a very good idea to make that clear from the outset, and perhaps ensure the product name reflects that. (Although I'd be disappointed not to get any Macropaedia articles.)

Posts 5286
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2015 5:14 AM

Well it is a bit of a disappointing turn knowing this is not a true partnership with Brittanica to bring us the full encyclopedia but I am sure Faithlfe will do what it can to give us the most useful resource it can. That said we were promised not 80,000 plus articles but 19,000. For those who did a little research would have realized it was not going to be full edition. Since we are told Brittanica will not allow some of the largest articles to be included we will just have to trust Faithlife will do its best to get all articles it can to make sure the articles related to religious and humanities can be included.

-Dan 

Page 8 of 14 (262 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS