Hypertext in notes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Donna W. Allen | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 8 2015 4:22 AM

When I type a Biblical reference in Notes, the hypertext function does not happen.  I need to understand what to do to make the reference a hypertext.  Sometimes it automatically happens but most of the time it does not.  Have I turned off the function inadvertently or is there something that I need to do to have the hypertext of verses from the Bible?  Thanks

Posts 29799
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2015 4:51 AM

Are you wanting to know about hyperlinks on which platform? Which version of the app? This thread may be moved to the appropriate forum (I.e. L6, iOS) so that you can get the help you need. 

Also, screen shots might be instructive. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 149
Timothy Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2015 6:43 AM

When typing a Bible reference in Notes, make sure that you type a space after the reference. 

Windows 8.1 64-bit, Core i5-3330, 8GB RAM

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 8 2015 10:04 AM

Timothy Brown:

When typing a Bible reference in Notes, make sure that you type a space after the reference. 

In addition you have to make sure that you are using a recognized short form. Here are some samples below to show which ones work and which do not. In the samples below the long forms all work and some short forms work but ones that are not capitalized do not work.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS