Start a Direct Sales Do Not Call or E-mail list

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 22
Bill | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 13 2015 9:55 AM

The subject of unsoliciated e-mails or calls from Logos Direct Sales comes up from time to time. Logos should start a do not call or e-mail for customers who do not want to be e-mailed or called about "specials" or what a customer could buy with a change in their payment plan. It should have an option for how their favorite Direct Sales Representaive interacts with them.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2015 10:24 AM

I believe that you can call customer service and have them note those desires in your account.

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2015 7:14 PM

Go to this page: https://www.logos.com/account/mailinglists

There is an option at the top to unsubscribe from all.

Posts 5625
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2015 7:16 PM

Justin Gatlin:

Most of us don't want to do that.

Personally, I just don't want any unsolicited phone calls. (If the deal is that good, send me an email--and please list the prices in my currency, not yours!)

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.”St. John of the Cross

Posts 132
NK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2015 10:08 PM

SineNomine:

Justin Gatlin:

Most of us don't want to do that.

Personally, I just don't want any unsolicited phone calls. (If the deal is that good, send me an email--and please list the prices in my currency, not yours!)

Hear Hear!  Vote +1

Posts 237
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 3:43 AM

Faithlife is a Business. Businesses advertise. Advertisement leads to sales. Sales lead to profits ("development" if you let them tell it).  If it's working for them, nothing will change anytime soon.

Bill:

The subject of unsoliciated e-mails or calls from Logos Direct Sales comes up from time to time. Logos should start a do not call or e-mail for customers who do not want to be e-mailed or called about "specials" or what a customer could buy with a change in their payment plan. It should have an option for how their favorite Direct Sales Representaive interacts with them.

Posts 237
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 3:43 AM

Faithlife is a Business. Businesses advertise. Advertisement leads to sales. Sales lead to profits ("development" if you let them tell it).  If it's working for them, nothing will change anytime soon.

Bill:

Posts 207
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2015 5:40 AM

I, too, would like there to be a no-call list for telephone sales calls.  As already described in this thread, we can stop the Emails by editing our subscriptions list.

For those of us who love the Word, and are at the same time of limited resources, the calls become a burden and, quite frankly, an irritation to our sense of loyalty to the Word.

If we truly love that Word of God, then we will desire every single book available at Faithlife!  I, personally, wake up each morning yearning to increase my library, and search "price: [0 TO 0]" daily in both Vyrso and Logos websites.  I have been known to go without food to obtain Logos books.

I can think of Nothing that a sales call, by phone, can do to motivate a person's desire to know more of, and about, the Word.  Logos Bible Software is not a vacuum cleaner, and not a cleaning solution.  It is Not a product of merchandise.

It is a tool by which to fulfill one's desire to know Jesus Christ more intimately.  I disagree with the assertion that Faithlife is a business.  It is Not.  It is a Ministry!  It is a ministry which ministers to, for the most part, ministers (except, of course, for Vyrso and Noet, which are wonderful additions to the enterprise).

What a privilege to be part of the Faithlife family!  What a privilege to have participated in using the software since its beginnings!

I beg for a no-call list so that my loyalty and devotion to both the software and Jesus Christ will not be insulted!

Paul L. White

Satisfied Logos user since 1.6

Posts 237
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2015 11:20 AM

Paul L. White:
  I disagree with the assertion that Faithlife is a business.  It is Not.  It is a Ministry!  It is a ministry which ministers to, for the most part, ministers (except, of course, for Vyrso and Noet, which are wonderful additions to the enterprise).

My dear Bro.,

Perhaps a clarification of "business" is in order. 

Are you saying ministry is not business and business can't be ministry?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but the intent of my emphasis were on methods, frequency and clarity of advertisement. They can use some review and fine tuning.

Posts 207
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 2:14 AM

Yes sir, I'm saying that there is a distinct difference between ministry and business.

In business, the incentive is Profit, not necessarily Principle.  Your toothpaste company competes with the other toothpaste company for the customers' dollars, creating outrageous and shocking video commercials to keep your name stuck in the customers' minds when they are at the store.  Law allows "puffing," which is exaggeration of truth.  On Shark Tank, if you don't wish to "go offshore" for your labor, you don't get a deal.  It's strictly "margins, Baby!"

However, in the ministry, you don't have customers, you have sheep.  And those sheep must have motivation based upon a positive response to the Holy Spirit's leading.  And chief among the sheep must be the undershepherds.  They too must be motivated to learn, and acquire libraries, by the Holy Spirit.  Madison Avenue techniques have no place in trying to substitute their modus operandi for the Holy Spirit's.

At issue, here, is the subject of "sales calls."  I have myself on a no-call list for even secular vendors.  The Holy Spirit is constantly whetting my appetite for more books.  I feel it an insult to be called as a substitute to His leading.

And this is where I really have to admire Bob Pritchett.  He must walk that very thin tightrope between ministry and business.  He needs profit in order to provide the resources in Logos and Faithlife, but he must always keep in mind the priority of feeding the flock.

I could write pages, I believe, on the intricacies of just how he does that.  It's obvious that God is blessing him in his endeavors, so he must be balancing things pretty doggone well.

Some people may actually Want to be notified by phone about sales.  So it would be in proper accord with people's freedom to simply have a list, and let those who want to be called be "call," and those who do not want to be called be "no call."

I hope my remarks evidence the Christian love I meant them to.

Posts 207
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 2:17 AM

I am sorry that there doesn't seem to be a way to edit these posts, as there are several places in my message above that need editing.  Please forgive.

[I wrote this before Mr. Criddle's excellent response, and then went and edited the post above.  So grateful to Mr. Criddle!]

Posts 25351
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 2:35 AM

Paul L. White:

I am sorry that there doesn't seem to be a way to edit these posts, as there are several places in my message above that need editing.  Please forgive.

You can edit posts by clicking the "more" button and selecting "edit"

This is only available for a few hours after submitting the post

Posts 207
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 4:42 AM

Thank you, Mr. Criddle.  As always, you are a Godsend!!!

Posts 237
C M | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 6:18 AM

Paul L. White:
Yes sir, I'm saying that there is a distinct difference between ministry and business.

Bro. P. L. White,

Ministry, Business, Christian Business, Sales, Advertisement, or Profits, "Ye shall know them by their fruits."  FaithLife is a business with great promise that supplies individuals and ministries with biblical materials from various authors, organizations and perspectives.

Paul L. White:
Bob Pritchett.  He must walk that very thin tightrope between ministry and business.  He needs profit in order to provide the resources in Logos and Faithlife, but he must always keep in mind the priority of feeding the flock.

No problem, he just needs to be aware of what the marketing department is doing and that they reflect his "Christian" principles to secure profits  in "feeding the flock."

Posts 207
Paul L. White | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 6:33 AM

Thank you, Mr. McNeil.  Very nice way to put it.  Appreciate your comments.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS