Thomas Lambdin's Introduction to Biblical Hebrew and H. G. M. Williamson's Annotated Key to Lambdin's Introduction to Biblical Hebrew

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 32
KJB1611 | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 16 2015 9:38 AM

Dear Logos,

Good day!  I have taught first year college/seminary Hebrew a number of times (I even have it online here for anyone to take at any time, and I agree with a variety of my Hebrew teaching brethren that Lambdin's Introduction to Biblical Hebrew is the best first year grammar.  I believe that, in conjunction with Williamson's Annotated Key, one could also teach himself Hebrew without even having a professor.  I am surprised that, with all of the other Hebrew grammars Logos has available, that both Lambdin and Williamson are not available.  Having an electronic version would make my job easier teaching the course (obviously, I already have print versions).  I would therefore encourage Logos to get crackin' on making these available.

Thank you very much.

Posts 814
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:23 AM

I have also used Lambdin. I can't remember what my students' responses were to the text, but it seemed easy to use from my (the prof's) standpoint. It seems that a Logos version would be welcome.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2015 10:41 AM

KJB1611:

About 30 years ago I tried to learn Hebrew using Lambdin's in an extension course from the University of Oklahoma. Maybe I would have done better had I used Williamson's Annotated Key with it but I did not fare so well. 

I have recently had success beginning again, without Lambdins, of course.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5
Steven Tammen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2017 4:32 PM

I'd like to see Lambdin and Williamson make it into Logos as well.

Gesenius is great as a reference grammar, but certainly not as a pedagogical grammar. Lambdin is a pedagogical grammar, but is actually thorough enough to supplement Gesenius in the former matter as well (at least in some areas).

This would totally make my day.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS