Encyclopedia Britannica Update

Page 4 of 17 (337 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 336 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 3
Francesca Leaf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2015 10:00 AM

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your question! Yes, additional media files will be added to Compton’s during a future update. 

Thanks,

Francesca

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2015 10:15 AM

Thanks Francesca for responding to my question!
i didn't know if FL had plans to revise the Compton's since FL has plans on adding the new EB. Now i know, thanks!

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3
Francesca Leaf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2015 10:30 AM

Dan Francis:

I noticed that it lists as being gathering interest. Does that mean it isn't being worked on???

-Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for asking about this. The Encyclopaedia Britannica Collection is being worked on. Smile

Thanks,

Francesca 

Posts 236
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 21 2015 11:05 AM

Yes

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 6497
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2015 10:19 AM

If I can get it for $99 bucks I'll jump in; especially now that I have to be selective on my purchases now that payment plans have changed a little. Pretty please :-D

DAL

Posts 90
Paul Yeager | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 10 2016 3:17 PM

any update?

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2016 3:47 PM

Ben Amundgaard:
I just wanted to give a quick update on the progress of the Encyclopedia Britannica project.

Any news on it's release??? A candlemas present???

-Dan

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 8:31 AM

Dan Francis:
Any news on it's release??? A candlemas present???

I'd love to have it by Feb. 2, alas, I think it will be a bit longer. We're still working on it, I'll let you know as soon as I have a firmish date.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 9:38 AM

Ben Amundgaard:
I think it will be a bit longer. We're still working on it,

Just curious, How many of the 60 laid off workers were assigned to the production of Britannica?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 18 2016 4:19 PM

Ouch!

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 5:44 AM

I am not seeing A price of $199, which is not the original $100 bid a couple years ago.

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 7:53 AM

Gary Butner:

I am not seeing A price of $199, which is not the original $100 bid a couple years ago.

Hi Gary,

Could you clarify your question for me. Do you mean you don't see the $99 pre-order on your account or that you don't see $99 on the product page? If it's the latter that's correct. The $99 pre-order was a one-time promotional offer for the first few days it was available.

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 22 2016 8:50 AM

Gary Butner:

See here but different from what is being discussed  https://www.logos.com/product/33266/encyclopedia-britannica

New product, more recent, what is being discussed https://www.logos.com/product/55228/encyclopaedia-britannica-collection

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 14
John Nagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2016 10:21 AM

Hi Ben any more news on the The Encyclopaedia Britannica Collection? .. cheers sorry if this is a hassle .. blessings John

Posts 878
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2016 12:26 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for checking in. No hassle at all! :)

I wish I had something to say other than that we are still working on it :S. I can say that it is being worked on ... it's not lost :)

Thanks,

Ben

Posts 221
André Kamphuis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2016 1:07 PM

Ben Amundgaard:

No hassle at all! :) I wish I had something to say other than that we are still working on it :S. I can say that it is being worked on ... it's not lost :)

Come on Ben, you can't keep people happy with smileys! We do vividly remember last year's soap, we were greatly disappointed with what got delivered, and we were told that things would hopefully be rectified before the end the year. We are almost into April, and if all that you can say is that it is being worked on, I have really lost my confidence in this project. I will request a refund, because I find this more than annoying when you have already taken my $99 and keep coming up with these silly responses.

Posts 170
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2016 6:42 AM

What % of the Encylopedia Britannica has been completed and converted to Logos format?

What  effort (number of days (months?) work)  is required to complete the project?

What is the projected completion date based on the available resources and the amount of effort required to complete the project?

Are there other factors other than the amount of effort needed to complete the project and the amount of available resource that are causing the project end-date to be unknown?

Jim

Posts 275
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2016 7:18 AM

I think Logos made a (second) mistake not immediately refunding everyone's money when it became apparent that they were shipping the wrong project. People would be a lot less miffed if they didn't already have $100 invested in a project with no release date in sight.

My suggestion would be to ask for a refund and completely forget about the whole thing. Then when it does eventually come back some day, you can contact support and they'll re-institute your initial purchase price ($99 in my case).

I decided there was no point in losing any sleep about the (non) progress of the EBNE, and my life has been better for it. I've got enough to read.

Posts 90
Paul Yeager | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2016 9:12 AM

Given how much time has passed since the original "ship" date, I'm with Jim Snowden.  It would be wonderful to get a more detailed update on the progress of this project beyond a simple "We're working on it."  I think this would help set realistic expectations among those of us who have been waiting for the EB to be completed.

Posts 480
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 31 2016 10:10 AM

Yes we need to keep the pressure on FL on this one.. This has been an epic disaster.. 

Page 4 of 17 (337 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS