Encyclopedia Britannica Update

Page 7 of 17 (337 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 336 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 12:04 PM

James Taylor:

Exactly! Hence his wording of tentative, projected, caveat, etc. Nevertheless, he at least pointed us to a "tentative", "projected" ship date. Which is what I was stating originally.

Don't you think it would have been more transparent last October for Faithlife to give a "tentative", "projected" ship date of July or August 2016?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3086
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 24 2016 12:16 PM

Matthew C Jones:

James Taylor:

Exactly! Hence his wording of tentative, projected, caveat, etc. Nevertheless, he at least pointed us to a "tentative", "projected" ship date. Which is what I was stating originally.

Don't you think it would have been more transparent last October for Faithlife to give a "tentative", "projected" ship date of July or August 2016?

If and only if that was the tentative ship date that they themselves had at the time.

Posts 16
Eric Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 4:03 AM

Thanks Ben. 

Posts 1961
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 17 2016 11:42 AM

Well I missed this thread...

Ben, it would be helpful if you provided monthly updates, even if there is no update.  Just coming on to say, that the project has not been forgotten nor put on the back burner, that you are still actively working on it is really all that is needed.  Perhaps the first of each month for example...

Posts 293
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2016 9:37 AM

Are there any new updates on shipment

Posts 877
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 30 2016 11:48 AM

We're still aiming for end of July or August (with all the previous caveats still in place Wink)

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 479
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2016 1:57 PM

so....?

Posts 877
LogosEmployee

Still shooting for some time in August.

Posts 955
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2016 3:52 PM

Thanks for all your efforts, Ben.  It's all good.  Smile 

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2016 3:58 PM

Most people get excited about the latest movie release, sequel to a novel, the latest model Corvette, etc.  We, however, are on the edge of our seats for an encyclopedia.  Our mothers would be so proud Smile

Posts 14
John Nagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 4 2016 10:04 PM

Geeked

Yes our mums and Dads would be pleased

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 17 2016 10:15 AM

Ben, do you anticipate being able to announce anything when this ships regarding if/when any updates will be available and at what price? I seem to recall reading a long time ago that incremental updates likely would be available for this resource in the future but that nothing more specific had been worked out. Thanks.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:43 PM

Are we still looking at an August ship date? Would love to have this before I start fall semester.  

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 10231
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:15 PM

I'll go ahead and sign up for the slot Friday to ask Ben are we there yet.  Though, judging from the server-iferous L7 issues, I'd hate to be in Ben's slippers.

I already have reading time slotted on our west coast extravaganza for Brittanica ... I'm that stupid.  I already decided which app to host it.  

Selling Brittanica was my first job. I didn't think it was possible. Then someone wanted to buy a set. I was truly shocked.

I recommend selling encyclopedias or a more modern equivalent, to learn marketing. People.  They're truly amazing.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:28 PM

Denise:

Selling Brittanica was my first job. I didn't think it was possible. Then someone wanted to buy a set. I was truly shocked.

When I left school and was desperate for a job, any job, I spent one month with a company selling Brittanica. I never sold a thing. That's when I knew sales wasn't my thing Big Smile

Posts 10231
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:36 PM

Yasmin, same for me!

The key marketing principle I was taught, was to walk fast.  Find the customer needing the product.  I was exhausted.

Posts 877
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:08 PM

Hi all,

Obviously we're getting close to the end of August and there is no ship date on the product page yet Tongue Tied

I just sent in a request to get an updated status. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something (as you can imagine, things have been a bit hectic over the last few days!).

(I will say that I have actually seen portions of it for testing, so it is actually quite close to being complete.)

If for some reason it does go into the first week or two of September, please remember that I tried to be very clear that July-August was a very tentative prediction. 

As I said, I'll give you an update as soon as I have it.

I really do believe we're close!

Posts 3086
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 6:29 AM

Ben Amundgaard:
If for some reason it does go into the first week or two of September, please remember that I tried to be very clear that July-August was a very tentative prediction. 

I remember. Smile

Posts 955
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 6:52 AM

Thanks for the update, Ben.

Posts 522
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 7:33 AM

Thanks Ben

Page 7 of 17 (337 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS