Trouble streaming video on slow internet connection

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10
Doug Unrau | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 17 2015 10:03 AM

I live in a rural area where satellite internet is the only option. YouTube streams good, but your materials are choppy because they are slow loading. It would be better if you published your material on YouTube or used a service with better compression. I like the content, but the performance lacks. 

Posts 4398
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 7:39 PM

Were you aware that you also have the option of downloading videos embedded in resources first and then viewing them later?

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 10
Doug Unrau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 5:00 PM

Thank's for pointing that out.

Peace

Doug

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 7:45 AM

I have a 3Mb connection that serves up Hulu, Acorn, Amazon and Netflix without too much difficulty.  FL TV is totally useless on a Roku 3 due to the lack of compression supported by the service.  I am, however, able to receive the videos in the Logos software without pauses -- barely.

Eric

Posts 978
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 8:51 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Which videos have you tried? Some of our videos are available at lower bitrates than others.

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 10:27 AM

"CS201 Western Civilization:  Greeks to Aquinas" by Bryan M. Litfin.

Short video on the Logos Now interactive "New Testament Use of the Old Testament"  

After these two, I didn't try anything else.  There was a long > 1minute pause after every 10-15 seconds of video. 

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2015 9:17 PM

It is streaming fine tonight.  

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS