Is there a way to do a better search of my journal articles?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
Andy Devine | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 19 2015 5:36 PM

I feel like I am missing a majority of my journal articles in many of the searches that are made.  Is there a way that I can improve the search through the journal articles?

Posts 4729
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 5:50 PM

Can you provide an example of a search where you feel like you're missing something.

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 5:50 PM

I have all Journals in a collection and search by Large text, Heading text, and Title

Posts 4729
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 5:44 AM

Can you provide an example of a search you have run and feel like you are missing something?

Posts 2936
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:18 AM

Kent:

I have all Journals in a collection and search by Large text, Heading text, and Title

This is really a powerful tool to search for titles versus just random text. Just using this will help a lot.

Also, create collections of your favorite journals or journals by type.

Finally, I know it's simple but using the verse range search is a powerful tool to find things related to a passage you are studying. This would be done like this to search for all articles referencing (search within your journals collection: <James 5:14> 

Alternatively to see articles discussing James 5:14 in the context of a discussion of weakness you may want to search: <James 5:14> NEAR weakness

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS