Today (OCT 21, 2015) is the last day you can save 80%

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 21 2015 9:14 AM

Today    (OCT 21, 2015)  is the last day you can save 80% off the retail price of the Great Books of the Western World (60 vols.)  Get your Pre-Pub in for $99 before the price jumps to $199 tomorrow.

ACT NOW.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 11:14 AM

I would like to point out the price per book you can lock in today with a Pre-Pub of $99.

$1.67 !!  per book

Tomorrow it becomes $3.33

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 11:33 AM

Good promo ST.Yes You should consider working in the sales department for FL Big Smile

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3580
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 11:41 AM

Super.Tramp:

I would like to point out the price per book you can lock in today with a Pre-Pub of $99.

$1.67 !!  per book

That's a good Community Pricing price per volume.

Posts 654
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 11:56 AM

I'm in. Thank you. The Syntopicon itself seems worth the price, especially with all the Logos links.

Posts 655
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 12:06 PM

Super.Tramp:

Today    (OCT 21, 2015)  is the last day you can save 80% off the retail price of the Great Books of the Western World (60 vols.)  Get your Pre-Pub in for $99 before the price jumps to $199 tomorrow.

ACT NOW.

Thanks for the remminder.  Order has been placed.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 12:13 PM

Ted Hans:

Good promo ST.Yes You should consider working in the sales department for FL Big Smile

I am just trying to save everybody some money on a great resource. I will feel very badly for someone who missed the email and bids $199 next week.

Posts 2842
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 12:25 PM

Does the Great Books of the Western World contain the entire "Summa Theological" by Thomas Aquinas or an abridgement?  Anyone know?  And how well is it tagged?  Other than not having the Latin volumes, is it comparable to the edition that Logos sells for over $200?

Thanks Super Tramp for the reminder.  Thou art a scholar and a gentleman, a credit to the entire canine species.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 3580
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 12:55 PM

Michael Childs:
Does the Great Books of the Western World contain the entire "Summa Theological" by Thomas Aquinas or an abridgement?  Anyone know?

Yes.

Michael Childs:
And how well is it tagged?

I don't know. Presumably as well as is 'normal'.

Michael Childs:
Other than not having the Latin volumes, is it comparable to the edition that Logos sells for over $200?

It is the same translation.

Posts 2842
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:03 PM

SineNomine:

Michael Childs:
Does the Great Books of the Western World contain the entire "Summa Theological" by Thomas Aquinas or an abridgement?  Anyone know?

Yes.

Michael Childs:
And how well is it tagged?

I don't know. Presumably as well as is 'normal'.

Michael Childs:
Other than not having the Latin volumes, is it comparable to the edition that Logos sells for over $200?

Hmm, then it sounds like an even greater bargain, unless you want to read Thomas in Latin, which I would not.  Et tu, Brute?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:15 PM

SineNomine:
That's a good Community Pricing price per volume

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if all CP titles went that cheaply.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:17 PM

SineNomine:

Michael Childs:

Incredible deal!

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:54 PM

Thanks for reminding everyone about this. I hope people don't miss out on this 3-day special.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 3:04 PM

Super.Tramp:

Remember, all Faithlife products (NOET/Verbum/Logos) come with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. 

Posts 2966
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 3:15 PM

I got mine.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 94
John Crabtree | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 4:32 PM

While I am not 100% certain when and how often I will search the titles. At that price having them fully integrated if the need arises is well worth the money.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 4:52 PM

Great Books of the Western World (60 vols.)  can be purchased using

Book Cache: Monthly Subscription

Check it out.

Posts 51
David E Haeuser | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 5:51 PM

I don't have the Second Edition of the Great Books, so I can't say what the answer would be for that edition, but the First Edition has some sections missing in the Summa Theologica. One example would be the whole treatise on Christology.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 5:52 PM

Only 6 more hours to save!

Posts 3580
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 6:27 PM

David E Haeuser:

I don't have the Second Edition of the Great Books, so I can't say what the answer would be for that edition, but the First Edition has some sections missing in the Summa Theologica. One example would be the whole treatise on Christology.

My answer regarding the second edition comes from the following exchange in another thread:

Brandon Rappuhn:

SineNomine:

Brandon Rappuhn:
ff the top of my head, I can think of a number of things that are elsewhere in Community Pricing or Pre-Pub and haven't been developed, such as Plotinus' Enneads, Moby Dick, the Articles of Confederation, The Golden Bough (though the Great Books only has selections from it), Tolstoy's War and Peace.

When the Great Books collection lists a book on the product page, how can I tell whether or not it is abridged?

It'll say "Selections from..." or "Selected papers from..."

https://www.logos.com/product/55052/great-books-of-the-western-world#058

This series very rarely abridges anything, but the page shows you where things are "selected" works or essays from a larger work.

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS