Logos 6 and OS X El Captain

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 21 2015 4:02 PM

I just downloaded the newest OS from Apple 10.11.1. Now every time that I press the button to load my workspace the screen automatically minimizes and then maximizes and opens the workspace. I know that this is not normal, so what is the fix? Thanks!

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 36
Erich-Ayumi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 4:19 PM

I have another problem haha. Every time when I go Full screen on MAC, the whole screen turns dark. Well, i guess this is the risk with early adopters.

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 4:48 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Now every time that I press the button to load my workspace the screen automatically minimizes and then maximizes and opens the workspace.

I have seen similar behavior before when opening Logos, but it has always been difficult to hunt down. I am confused, however, by what you mean by "the button to load my workspace." Do you mean the homepage toggle button? Do you mean that you are loading a saved layout from the layouts menu? Something else? 

Do you have Logos in OS X Full Screen mode?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 4:50 PM

Erich-Ayumi:

I have another problem haha. Every time when I go Full screen on MAC, the whole screen turns dark. Well, i guess this is the risk with early adopters.

Try restarting your mac. If that doesn't solve it, please create a new thread (if you think the issue is Logos rather than OS X related) and provide details. 

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2015 8:25 AM

alabama24:

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Now every time that I press the button to load my workspace the screen automatically minimizes and then maximizes and opens the workspace.

I have seen similar behavior before when opening Logos, but it has always been difficult to hunt down. I am confused, however, by what you mean by "the button to load my workspace." Do you mean the homepage toggle button? Do you mean that you are loading a saved layout from the layouts menu? Something else? 

Do you have Logos in OS X Full Screen mode?

I have created a quick link icon that I just click on to open my favorite work space. What do mean OS X Full Screen mode? I do have the screen maximized all the time.

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2015 8:47 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
I have created a quick link icon that I just click on to open my favorite work space.

Why do you have a shortcut to load a layout? Have you tried deleting and recreating the shortcut?

Pastor Michael Huffman:
What do mean OS X Full Screen mode?

Full Screen Mode is an OS X feature. See HERE. It is more than having the screen maximized, it eliminates both the dock and title bar from view. 

If you are indeed using Full Screen mode, I can confirm having similar issues, although they have been difficult to track down. Do you have more than one computer? If so, can you describe them? Which is your primary computer? Do you use your preferred layout on more than one computer? 

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2015 11:56 AM

alabama24:

Pastor Michael Huffman:
I have created a quick link icon that I just click on to open my favorite work space.

Why do you have a shortcut to load a layout? Have you tried deleting and recreating the shortcut?

Pastor Michael Huffman:
What do mean OS X Full Screen mode?

Full Screen Mode is an OS X feature. See HERE. It is more than having the screen maximized, it eliminates both the dock and title bar from view. 

If you are indeed using Full Screen mode, I can confirm having similar issues, although they have been difficult to track down. Do you have more than one computer? If so, can you describe them? Which is your primary computer? Do you use your preferred layout on more than one computer? 

I just have the icon on the upper task bar for quick loading of the work space. I have not tried to delete and recreate the icon.

I am not running in full screen mode. This is my first MAC and my other computer where I ran Logos are Windows 10 and I did not have this issue. And did not have this issue with the MAC until the download of OS X.

Posts 4594
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 12:33 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Pastor Michael Huffman:

Sorry to be obtuse Michael but I am not familiar with the concept of a 'quick link' and wonder if you could describe how it was created. I have been a Mac user for a number of years and have never come across this before.

If you take a screen shot of the link in position and with any menus showing it might help. cmd+Shift+4 will allow you to save a screen shot to the desktop which you can then attach.

When I want to access a different work space I use a three finger upward swipe on my trackpad. Here is a screenshot from my primary display.

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 5:43 AM

Mike Binks:

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Pastor Michael Huffman:

Sorry to be obtuse Michael but I am not familiar with the concept of a 'quick link' and wonder if you could describe how it was created. I have been a Mac user for a number of years and have never come across this before.

If you take a screen shot of the link in position and with any menus showing it might help. cmd+Shift+4 will allow you to save a screen shot to the desktop which you can then attach.

When I want to access a different work space I use a three finger upward swipe on my trackpad. Here is a screenshot from my primary display.

It is just a quick link to my workspace. Pretty basic to create. I just go to my layouts and find the layout I want and click and hold and drag it to the top of my Logos taskbar and then release. I can then right click on it and change the icon or the name and have the name appear beside the icon.

However, as Alabama24 suggested, I deleted the icon and created it and performed a reboot of Logos and it seems to have corrected my previous problem.

But I am interested in how your three finger swipe changed workspaces, that is something new for me. Please explain.

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 9:24 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
But I am interested in how your three finger swipe changed workspaces, that is something new for me. Please explain.

I think that it might be helpful to clarify some nomenclature. You have used the term "workspace." I had started to ask you about this in an earlier post, but FL does use the term in their help file... although I think it was very sloppy of them. When you used the term before, you simply mean that you created a shortcut to open a favorite LAYOUT. This is the preferred nomenclature in Logos. 

In OSX, users can have multiple, virtual "desktops." These can be apps in tiled view (how you are using it) or full screen view (the app takes up ALL of the monitor). If you have a trackpad (or magic mouse, though less useful for these gestures), you can use a three finger swipe UP to show a link to all your "desktops" and applications. Apple continues to tweak this feature (generally for the better). In the screen shot below, I did a three finger swipe to bring up what used to be called "mission control" (perhaps it is still called that). This view shows you a couple of things. It shows thumbnails of ALL open apps/windows on THAT "desktop." Notice that I have several safari windows open, so those each have their own thumbnail. (The active tab of each safari window is shown). It also shows a link to each desktop. In the second screen shot, I have hovered over the top, which creates thumbnails of the desktops. You can click on the thumbnails, or three finger swipe in the lower area to navigate between "desktops." Also notice the second thumbnail in that screen shot. I have Logos opened in "full screen view" so that it takes up the ENTIRE screen. The third screen shot shows Logos in full screen view. Compare that to the fourth screen shot, which is Logos "maximized," but tiled. 

What else you want to know? Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS