King James Version 401

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 10676
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 5:59 PM

John Brumett:

Jack Caviness:
Note that the spelling in the KJV 1611 Matthew genealogy does not match the spelling of the reprint of the First Edition of the 1611 King James Version  published in 1982 by Thomas Nelson (I have this resource in dead tree format). So it still appears that this is not the KJV 1611.

So your saying that the King James Version 401 edition is not the 1611.  

All I checked was the spelling. Either Thomas Nelson or KJV 401 is incorrect, most likely both of them as not true to the original. The title page of the Thomas Nelson edition reads—

A Word-for-word reprint of the First Edition of the Authorized Version presented in roman letters for easy reading and comparison with subsequent editions

It seems that Thomas Nelson would then be claiming to have the original spelling of the First Edition. Don't know what 401 is claiming.

As a resident of a county saturated with KJV KJB 1611 only advocates, I would like to have an authentic reproduction of the original edition to have them attempt to read Geeked.

Posts 28287
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 6:33 PM

Jack Caviness:
As a resident of a county saturated with KJV KJB 1611 only advocates, I would like to have an authentic reproduction of the original edition to have them attempt to read Geeked

And as a multiple canon advocate, I want them to have the entire publication - not their favored subset. Geeked

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 7:28 PM

MJ. Smith:

Jack Caviness:
As a resident of a county saturated with KJV KJB 1611 only advocates, I would like to have an authentic reproduction of the original edition to have them attempt to read Geeked

And as a multiple canon advocate, I want them to have the entire publication - not their favored subset. Geeked

Big Smile touché, touché

I'd go along with both.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6515
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 7:40 PM

Jack Caviness:
As a resident of a county saturated with KJV KJB 1611 only advocates, I would like to have an authentic reproduction of the original edition to have them attempt to read

How dare you read my mind? Big Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 10676
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2015 2:35 AM

MJ. Smith:

Perhaps I should have mentioned that the Thomas Nelson edition does contain all the books found in the 1611 First Edition, including those labeled as Apocrypha. They also need to know that their beloved KJB has been mutilated Big Smile

Behave yourself, Jack. You're getting close to the edge of the forum guideline cliff Tongue Tied

Posts 40
Ross Purdy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2019 12:54 PM

King James Version 401 Collection

Where can I find this?

Posts 28287
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 16 2019 4:01 PM

To the best of my knowledge, it is not available in Logos. The NT only is available from Amazon.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS