with Logos 5 - Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 10 ?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
Réjean | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 3 2015 5:24 AM

I have Logos 5 which I am happy with.

I have tried upgrading to the free Windows 10 from my Windows 7 Home premium but am short on space so I have to remove some programs.

Under "Programs and Features" I find "Logos 5 Prerequisite" that takes 38.6 MB and "Logos Bible Software" that takes 159 MB. Are they both necessary?

Will my Logos 5 (which is all I need) work fine with Windows 10?

Thanks

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 7:51 AM

Why not remove your logos5 temporarily? Then do your upgrade.

I did remove a lot of programs because I was short of space on my windows 7 home premium because my computer came with a 500gb drive divided into two partitions. Of course with time the "c" drive gets quite full. I did the upgrade to Win Ten and ended up with 20gb free. Then after 30 days, the windows 10 OS removed the windows 7 program which is kept for 30 days so you can go back if you wish. Then after a couple of weeks, I found I had 40gb free on the drive after windows 10 did a few updates. I was very glad for that. I had previously moved the Logos5 to another computer and then updated logos 5 to 6.

Ergatees

Posts 13
Réjean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 10:23 AM

Thanks Ergatees, I will try that and let you know.

Posts 13
Réjean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 12:04 PM

Merci Ergatees,

Somehow when I restarted my laptop after a shutdown, it automatically started to install updates, so I tried the install W10 again and it works,

I think i'm going to like it!

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 4:37 PM

Réjean,

Il n'y a pas de quoi. I usually stick with an operating system longer than a lot of people. I never updated to Windows 8. Finally decided after reading the various articles on Windows 10 to upgrade and I have not regretted it. Because of limited "c" drive space I had moved some files to the "d" drive.

I have since installed Logos6 on a MacBook Pro and the experience is good because I have a solid state drive there. I run BibleWorks on my pc. And I use both computers for study, writing and note-taking.

I hope your experience will be good. Bonne chance.

Ergatees

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS