November's Free Book Deal, Plus a Hidden Bonus!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2015 12:16 PM

I was excited enough to see the first two volumes of the Hermeneia commentary on Matthew advertised as the free and $1.99 deals for November! It's always nice when a serious and recent critical commentary shows up (I'm still kicking myself for missing Brevard Childs' Exodus commentary).

But it gets even better! Ulrich's commentary is a three-volume series, and the third volume (on Matthew 21-28) is on sale for just $5! When I added it to my cart, the discount code showed up as "November Free Book of the Month Hidden Deal."

That's 1,844 pages of high-caliber academic commentary for seven measly american dollars. Logos, you have outdone yourselves.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 1:24 PM

Mitchell:

I'm still kicking myself for missing Brevard Childs' Exodus commentary

Which Brevard Childs' Exodus commentary or do you mean his Isaiah from The Old Testament Library Series that was offered a while back?

Posts 2249
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 3:26 PM

Thanks for the hidden book deal alert. That makes it golden!

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2054
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 8:01 PM

Posts 13
Brian Helm | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 6:14 AM

Thank you !!

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 6:46 AM

Mitchell:
Ulrich's commentary is a three-volume series, and the third volume (on Matthew 21-28) is on sale for just $5!

Wow, thanks, I didn't even notice that :-) I'm actually kinda surprised Faithlife didn't advertise that sale since I'm sure many would have taken them up on all 3 like us

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 7:55 AM

Thanks for posting this. It was bothering me to only have the first 2/3 of Matthew covered. Stick out tongue

Posts 1974
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 8:36 AM

Alain Maashe:

Mitchell:

Which Brevard Childs' Exodus commentary or do you mean his Isaiah from The Old Testament Library Series that was offered a while back?

For some reason they have yet to offer Childs' commentary on Exodus in OTL.  There are actually many volumes in that set that have not been offered.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 12:38 PM

Alain Maashe:

Mitchell:

Yep, that's what I meant. I missed two or three of those OTL volumes for some reason.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS