Pre-Pub just got interesting

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2719
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:18 PM

I see both items below are shipping one week apart. Decision time for me!Sad

Bible Speaks Today Old Testament Commentary Series (33 vols.)

New Studies in Biblical Theology (35 vols.)

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9158
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:53 PM

That is a tough decision. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to postpone one/some of our pre-pubs when we find ourselves in this type of scenario?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2015 4:00 PM

Let me take a closer look at this situation. Stay tuned.

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2015 4:21 PM

Bruce Dunning:

That is a tough decision. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to postpone one/some of our pre-pubs when we find ourselves in this type of scenario?

Yes indeed Big Smile

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2015 5:28 PM

If you have to choose one I'd recommend the theology set. I think it's very likely that we see the commentary on a good sale in the future. The NT set was $99 not so long ago!

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2015 8:53 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I asked something similar here ( https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118541/777781.aspx#777781 ), but it appears as if it is not possible. Shame though.

Posts 22372
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2015 10:15 PM

The New Studies in Biblical Theology now shows as Under Development with no ship date shown

Posts 2037
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 4:46 AM

My rep always takes a "snapshot" of my pre-pubs when I ask, and then I can buy them whenever I want (within reason) at the pre-pub price.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 9158
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:37 AM

Joseph Turner:

My rep always takes a "snapshot" of my pre-pubs when I ask, and then I can buy them whenever I want (within reason) at the pre-pub price.

That's a great strategy to use in cases like this. 

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 10:25 AM

Graham Criddle:

The New Studies in Biblical Theology now shows as Under Development with no ship date shown

I see that as well. What happened? It was previously showing as shipping on 12/1/15.

Posts 1865
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 11:18 AM

Joseph Turner:

Really?

Well, does anyone have the pre-pub screenshot for New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology and Exegesis (5 vols.) ??

I'm pretty sure I click pre-order on this thing... but for weird reasons I cancelled it. Zip it!

Posts 2719
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 1:30 PM

It seems both items are still shipping one week apart. Any thoughts on which to choose and which to forgo until later?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 205
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 2:28 PM

My choice was to go with the New Studies in Biblical Theology, primarily because it is theme based and I already have quite a large number of various types of book-by-book commentaries in my library and on a secondary note because of the reputation of many of the key authors.   Nevertheless it will be a dilemma for many as the Bible Speaks Today OT Commentary is being offered at a larger pre-pub discount. Maybe this is a time to have a chat with your friendly sales rep. otherwise make a wise choice on which is the more likely to be included in the next round of Base Packages (at a level that you might be comfortable in purchasing) and when that inclusion might happen.  

Posts 2719
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2015 3:01 PM

Many thanks David.

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 7:15 PM
Hello everyone,

This forum thread may be causing confusion for some people who participate in Pre-Pub. I would like to clarify a few items related to Pre-Pub, payment plans, and post-shipping pricing.

Pre-Pub prices are designed to be a trade-off of an especially low price in exchange for full payment up front. By producing the work, and paying those expenses in advance of shipping, we effectively borrow the money and spend it before getting paid. To reward the early adopters for committing to pay us, as soon as we ship, we give them a lower price.
  As a general rule, Pre-Pub prices are not available on payment plans, nor available once the product has shipped.  There have been, at times, exceptions to this rule but those should be understood as special instances not as an ongoing practice. We realize that sometimes large(r) ticket items ship closely together which makes taking advantage of a Pre-Pub offer more difficult. As much as possible we do try to avoid that circumstance by providing sufficient space between our ship dates. 

In regards to the two products that precipitated this forum thread, I am reviewing the ship date on NSBT and am considering delaying that product by a couple weeks in order to provide space for our customers.
Posts 705
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 8:03 PM

Matthew Miller:

In regards to the two products that precipitated this forum thread, I am reviewing the ship date on NSBT and am considering delaying that product by a couple weeks in order to provide space for our customers.

I don't particularly mind the delay in this case, though this strategy must be balanced against those who really want/need these resources as soon as possible. Some of us have ministry/academic commitments that would benefit from access to many of these prepub resources sooner rather than later. Since many of these prepubs take months (or years) to finally show up, further delays for "convenience" may be an "inconvenience" for others. 

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 9:00 PM

As a suggestion, wouldn't it be a good policy/strategy to analyze the possible ship dates and spacing them out prior to publishing a date, rather then to publish the ship date and later change it? Doing this will prevent the problem of a number of users looking forward to the posted ship date and planning accordingly.

Posts 602
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 9:04 PM

Mathew Voth:

If you have to choose one I'd recommend the theology set. I think it's very likely that we see the commentary on a good sale in the future. The NT set was $99 not so long ago!

I don't think Faithlife will discount BSTOT below what the pre-pub price was. You might see a price at or near the pre-pub price in later sales. If they discounted it lower than the pre-pub price, it would disincentivize pre-pub buyers in the future.

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2015 10:24 PM
I hear what you're saying, Bill. However the reality is that this happens quite frequently...
Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS