4.0b Beta 10 (4.02.3.6604) available

Page 3 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 739
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 7:17 AM | Locked

Lynden Williams:

Bible "Search while typing" is extremely slow. I am typing about 30 words per minute and it takes several seconds before the information appears on the screen. Using the backspace key is no better. A regular Bible search is ok and yields the result very quickly.

I agree - this is my most-missed feature from V3 and it is unusable in V4. I don't even try.

Patiently waiting...

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 8975
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 7:23 AM | Locked

Dominick Sela:

Bradley Grainger:

I ended up having to pull the 90 BSAC resources from our server (because I haven't found out yet whether upper- or lower-case IDs are "correct").

Bradley I want to make sure I understand, is this the current situation? So the new BSAC 1-90 are not currently on the server, and you'll let us know when they are?

That is correct.

Posts 8975
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 7:24 AM | Locked

Whyndell Grizzard:

They are still in L3- should I scan the resource folder for them or will this cause the dwnld issue again?

It should not cause any downloading problems to scan the LDLS3 resource folder, because those BSAC files are not present on the download server.

Posts 833
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 7:36 AM | Locked

Clinton Thomas:
the 3 little circles thingy

Yes Love this - thank you. 

Idea One more step in improvement: Could we have twisty arrows for each group to collapse and expand each section, like the Cited By has?

Star Both the grouping and twisty arrows would be wonderfully helpful for the Files list also.

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:34 AM | Locked

Fast, easy, effortless update on desktop/laptop.

Regarding the Copy Bible Verse: Please help me understand how the new formatting features (as it relates to MS Word) works? Maybe an example would more easily help me to understand.

• %HeaderStyle = My Style Name
  • %ForEachVerseStyle = My Style Name
  • %FooterStyle = My Style Name
  • %FootnoteStyle = My Style Name (applies to all footnotes, including citations)
  • %CitationStyle = My Style Name (only applies to citation footnotes)
  • Thanks!

Posts 3502
    LogosEmployee
    Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 9:24 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
    Is something missing from the Bug Fixes eg. Scott stated there would be fixes for sync issues on Collections?

Updated.

Posts 347
    Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 9:37 AM | Locked

Regarding the Copy Bible Verse:

Understand now...just needed to sink in a bit...I'm slow. Stick out tongue

Posts 294
    Debra W Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:05 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
    4.0b Beta 10 (v4.02.3.6604) is now available for testing.

Flawless download and install to this point. Thank you!

Lenovo P72: Intel 8th Gen i7-8750H 6-core, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD + 1TB Sata SSD, 17.3" FHD 1920x1080, NVIDIA Quadro P600 4GB, Win 10 Pro

Posts 739
    Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:07 AM | Locked

Mitch Davis:

Regarding the Copy Bible Verse:

Understand now...just needed to sink in a bit...I'm slow. Stick out tongue

I guess I am slower.

I don't understand it at all.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 347
    Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 3:45 PM | Locked

Jerry,

Think about the styles you have in MS Word: Title, H1, H2, etc. Each of those style titles can be incorporated into your Logos CBV customized styles. So, you can change the "HeaderStyle" by using one of the MS Word styles "H1" or (in MS Word 2007) "Intense Emphasis" (which turns the text into a light blue italics font). So, where you see "My Style Name" after the %HeaderStyle =" type in "Intense Emphasis". Here is what it would look like

• %HeaderStyle = Intense Emphasis

This type of style customization means that you can REALLY customize how you want to import your passage of scriptures into your MS Word documents. It really is a cool feature, especially when you have multiple purposes that you are using MS Word with Logos.

Give the above example a go (assuming you're using MS Word 2007, otherwise choose a style you have your version of MS Word) and see what happens. Once you see the results you can apply other styles using the syntax examples provided by Melissa.

• %ForEachVerseStyle = My Style Name
    • %FooterStyle = My Style Name
    • %FootnoteStyle = My Style Name (applies to all footnotes, including citations)
    • %CitationStyle = My Style Name (only applies to citation footnotes)

Hope that helps,
    Mitch 

Posts 406
    Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:28 PM | Locked

I feel a bit more dense than usual. I understand what copy versese is suppose to do and really like it. However, I can't get it to work.

%NoRedLetter
    %NoFootnotes
    %NoCitation
    %HeaderStyle = Intense Emphasis
    %ForEachVerseStyle = Intense Emphasis

=Header

<p>([Version]) [FullPassageRef]

=ForEachVerse
    <sup> [VerseNum]</sup> [VerseText]

=Footer
    </p>

This produces nothing different than normal. I'm using 2007 Word. I'm sure I'm doing something not quite right. Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Posts 406
    Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:45 PM | Locked

It appears to pick up the style name, but it does not actually format based on that style. I tried changing a few settings in Word, but to no avail.

Posts 347
    Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:43 AM | Locked

Based upon questions I decided to create a video so that you can visually see what is going on to make your customized CBV work in MS Word.

Here is the link: http://www.screencast.com/users/MitchDavis/folders/Jing/media/97c15cb2-1e31-41d5-93c0-657b29100724

Click here to play this video

Posts 4508
    Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 3:17 AM | Locked

Mitch..

thank you so much for that video! that really helped....but one Q remains....

when you initially created the custom styles; were they "blank" and then the first time you modify them they have your custom settings or did you create them in word and go back to Logos in the first place?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 347
    Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 6:44 AM | Locked

Robert Pavich:
    when you initially created the custom styles; were they "blank" and then the first time you modify them they have your custom settings or did you create them in word and go back to Logos in the first place?

Robert,

The styles were not yet created in MS Word when I brought them in from Logos. Doing it this way is quicker than first creating the styles in MS Word, but either way works fine.

Posts 6689
    Forum MVP
    Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:27 PM | Locked

Thanks for the illustration Mitch. I could not see the entire video however. When you pasted the text that section of the video was not visible on my computer.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 406
    Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:31 PM | Locked

Mitch,

Have you tried using indentation in the receiving style. When I copy  it picks up the style, changes the color and font size correctly. However, I cannot get it to pick up an indentation. The style is correct, and if I reapply the style in Word after the paste, it will set the indentation correctly. However, the initial paste does not pick up the indentation. I have looked in Word to see if there might be a setting controlling this, but with no luck. (Using Word 2007).

Posts 386
    Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:51 PM | Locked

Mitch Davis:
    I decided to create a video

Thanks Mitch, I was one of the millions (well, at least 2 of us) who didn't get it. This helped.

Regards,

Clinton

Posts 347
    Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:49 PM | Locked

Lynden Williams:
    When you pasted the text that section of the video was not visible on my computer.

Lynden,

My monitor is quite large so my guess is that you would need to scroll down during the video to view the bottom portion of it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 347
    Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 1:52 PM | Locked

Danny Parker:
    Have you tried using indentation in the receiving style.

Danny,

I haven't tried the indentation, but will. I'm not at my work PC so I'll give a go once I get a chance. In the meantime, I'm guessing that you already have the style in MS Word (with the indentation) then trying to bring in the corresponding styles from Logos.

Page 3 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS