DEAL: "Luther's Christmas Tree" for $1

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 54 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2200
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:57 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
so you have to get on the forums and convince hundreds of others to lower their bids simultaneously. And all that does is (potentially) stop the title crossing at $2. (And maybe it still does and now you miss out.) It doesn't help it cross at $1 at all; that requires hundreds of new bidders (as you already know).

But it has worked in the past...hundreds of new bidders have bid because of this strategy.  I have my doubts it will work on this particular resource which is why I have kept my bid at $2.  But in other cases, this strategy has worked.

Anyway, the best strategy is what we consistently recommend: Bid the most you would pay.

FL has been consistent with this advice.  And if I were a FL employee, it would be my advice as well.  But I am not a FL employee.  And I have seen the above strategy work on several occasions.

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 5:49 AM

A bid for 10$, is also a bid for 9$, 8$, 7$, 6$, 5$, 4$, 3$, 2$. 1$ and if FL makes them available, it is also a bid for smaller increments.

IF its a book you would be wiling to pay 5$ for you bid that. IF it goes for 1$, score! If it goes for 6, then just wait, it will probably show up in a BP or bundle someday.

In order for the two dollar peak to drop, hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people would have to drop their bid down from the highest ammounts to an amount lower than two dollars.

In the case of this resource, you're more likely to end up making it sell for a higher price point. If it takes a thousand bidders at 2$ (eg everyone whose bid 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and so on, the initial peak was 14 I think?) it takes 2,000 at 1$ - so if everyone thats bid two dollars changes their bid to one dollar (eg only those in at 2$, and not 3, 4, 5, etc) then you'll probably just succeed in making it sell for 3$ or whatever the next lowest price point that has crossed the line.

Sometimes unlikely things succeed. But not often. Consider the blind squirrel, or the broken clock. The blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, and the broken clock is still right twice a day.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 147
Pete De Bonte | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 5:52 AM

Mark:
…we consistently recommend: Bid the most you would pay.
FL has been consistent with this advice.
Not completely consistent. Phil Gons' A Bidding Strategy for Community Pricing suggests: "Never bid the lowest price. Don’t even bid the highest price that you think you’d be willing to pay. …always bid somewhere above the midpoint."

[Btw/apology: as it seems that my accepting Alabama24's invitation to ask CP questions has deviated the thread, perhaps we should generalize/rename it to something like: "How to get a Community Price down to $1" : ]

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 9:02 AM

No worries. The reason I created a new thread was to highlight the deal and encourage bidders. My title and initial post do that. If others have questions, we are helping to answer them while bumping the thread.... Which was part of the strategy. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 948
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 10:37 AM

Any idea if this will be ready for this Advent season?

Posts 12107
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 10:45 AM

Everett Headley:

which year?

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 11:04 AM

Everett Headley:

I was about to ask this question also. Smile

It is a high probability that this will go for $1, however, even a $2, it would be good to have it this year. It would be a short period of time to produce this, but then again, it is only 32 pages in length. I can't imagine it being a large amount of work.

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:10 PM

Everett Headley:

I can't imagine that it will be ready for this year unless it jumps to the front of the line for production.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 12107
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:19 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Everett Headley:

I can't imagine that it will be ready for this year unless it jumps to the front of the line for production.

guys, ever looked at your calendar? In my timezone it's (still) Nov 24 - one month until Christmas Eve. When CP closes on Friday it will be a mere couple of hours and then it's 1st Sunday of Advent. Even if it had been fully produced beforehand, it would not ship until the Advent season. It might ship before Christmas if Faithlife were to really rush it (for what reason?) - I expect it for next year's Advent season, but won't hold my breath.  

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 213
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 1:44 PM

Already over 90% of the way to everyone getting this for $1.

It would not be the first Community Pricing title to be available to ship as soon as it closes..... Smile

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 3:40 PM

Being such a small work, and being so tied to the Advent/Christmas season it would be nice to see FL get this out soon as possible after closing, With such huge numbers interested it might be a good thing for them to do. I hope we can get a few more on board and get this to $1.

-Dan

Posts 1805
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 6:53 PM

Dan Francis:
Being such a small work, and being so tied to the Advent/Christmas season it would be nice to see FL get this out soon as possible after closing

Yes  They should be working on it right now and have it ready to publish before closing!   

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 1805
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 6:54 PM

David J. Wilson:
It would not be the first Community Pricing title to be available to ship as soon as it closes..... Smile

We can pray this is the case! Yes

Posts 1805
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2015 6:56 PM

NB.Mick:
It might ship before Christmas if Faithlife were to really rush it (for what reason?) - I expect it for next year's Advent season, but won't hold my breath.  

Reason? Good Will Perhaps?

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2015 5:44 AM

It has just crossed 100% at $1. Yes

Thanks everyone for joining in. If you have not bid yet don't pass up this for $1.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2015 6:09 AM

Yes it has. Big Smile 50 cents?, 50 cents? Let's see if we can get it down to 50 cents. Smile Just kidding, I am happy that it has crossed at $1, but $2 was well within reach and I would gladly have paid that.

The Christmas tree is a subject that I want to dig into a little deeper, and this is a story that I haven't heard yet. Looking forward to this.

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2015 6:43 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Yes it has. Big Smile 50 cents?, 50 cents? Let's see if we can get it down to 50 cents. Smile Just kidding, I am happy that it has crossed at $1, but $2 was well within reach and I would gladly have paid that.

The Christmas tree is a subject that I want to dig into a little deeper, and this is a story that I haven't heard yet. Looking forward to this.

The next increment should be $0. Let see if we can do it Wink

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2015 6:50 AM

Wild Eagle:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

The next increment should be $0. Let see if we can do it Wink

Yes Smile

Posts 2817
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2015 7:12 AM

We only need an infinite number of users to bid $0 to achieve that. Piece of cake.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 8409
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 25 2015 7:14 AM

Wow it crossed the line to $1 buck! I didn't think it was going to :)

Page 2 of 3 (55 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS