Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 26 2015 3:18 PM

Looks good! The interactive resources we have with Logos 6 and Logos Now just keep getting better and better. Thanks to the Faithlife team for your hard work!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 7:30 AM

Is this a Bug? Right Klick left shows Menue on the right side empty?

Sascha

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 12:06 PM

I see the same thing as you do.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 1:49 PM

In general, interactives act more like visuals than resource text so your results are not surprising

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 9:35 PM

suprised me ;-) thanks for answers. Dit'nt expect it at all but why is it just on one Side?

Sascha

Posts 26527
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 9:43 PM

Sascha John:
Dit'nt expect it at all but why is it just on one Side?

My best guess: it could be an error or it could be the that one side is generated by dynamic text (like lectionaries) where the text isn't "really there" for that tagging to be accessed. I get blank rContext Menus on both sides.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 2:37 AM

OK Thanks :-) Funny it just work with the NA28, and just if I klick on NT. If I klick on Source NA28 also dit'nt work.

Sascha

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 8:40 AM

MJ. Smith:

Sascha John:
Dit'nt expect it at all but why is it just on one Side?

My best guess: it could be an error or it could be the that one side is generated by dynamic text (like lectionaries) where the text isn't "really there" for that tagging to be accessed. I get blank rContext Menus on both sides.

We have a case for this issue, I'll include a link to this thread to be updated once it is fixed.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1221
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 12:49 PM

Bruce Dunning:

This is excellent. Looking forward to using it.

I just noticed that we now have 30 interactive resources. Thanks Faithlife!

Has this been released already or are you guys on beta? I received an email about it coming on or about Dec 14....would love to subscribe and get this.

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 12:55 PM

Mike Tourangeau:
Has this been released already or are you guys on beta?

It's part of the 6.8 beta as per Rick's post above - https://community.logos.com/forums/p/119374/784125.aspx#784125 

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 7:12 PM

It's fixed today thanks Dylon

Sascha

Posts 1289
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 2:31 PM

I'm of the understanding we've shipped the information necessary for this (see below). Has anyone tried it? Is it available? I haven't heard feedback, and want to confirm it is there, or confirm that it isn't and see what the issue is.

Thanks!

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

Did anyone notice this section of the "About" page?

Searching for Intertextual References

Some configurations of Logos Bible Software may include the ability to search for intertextual usage documented by this interactive. Searching for Source (references labeled as Source Reference in this interactive) and Target (references labeled asNew Testament Reference in this interactive) and associating a Relationship are all supported.

Perhaps in your use of this interactive you noticed that Matthew references material from Isaiah, and wanted to know more about allusions between Matthew and Isaiah. This information is available in the interactive, but you can also search Logos Bible Software for the same sort of information:

{Label Intertext WHERE Source ~ <Isaiah> AND Relationship = "Allusion"} | English Standard Version, All Passages

The above search uses Source to locate where passages found in the New Testament are classified as allusions to material from Isaiah. If using the Bible Search menu, you could set the search range to Matthew and then find material only in Matthew. Alternately, if one wanted to locate references in the Old Testament that are used as allusions in Hebrews:

{Label Intertext WHERE Target ~ <Hebrews> AND Relationship = "Allusion"} | English Standard Version, All Passages

In this example, Target is used to locate references in the Old Testament that are used as allusions in the book of Hebrews.

Have you tried it? Have you tried making visual filters for the information?

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:24 PM

I did get your two examples to work. There is label information provided in the information window as well as the right mouse context menu, but they do not yet allow for creating a search. Due to the somewhat complex search string, that is the easiest way for us to try these new datasets out. I do think the feature has some really great potential, but for me remembering the strings makes using these types of searches challenging. Once there is the ability to create one search from context or info window, then it is a bit easier. Same with Figures of speech. However, I am on stable and those may be available in the next drop...

Posts 1289
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 4:40 PM

John Fidel:
I did get your two examples to work.

Thanks for the confirmation, John. I believe we're considering ways to make this sort of data show up on right-click (which would lead to easier searchability); but I'm not sure exactly where that stands.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 5:00 PM

I did create a visual filter as well. It will be a very useful feature once it is a bit easier to set up the searches.

Posts 1221
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 12:06 AM

John Fidel:

I did create a visual filter as well. It will be a very useful feature once it is a bit easier to set up the searches.

John can you share how you set up a visual filter? I have been playing around with {Label Intertext WHERE Target ~ <Hebrews> AND Relationship = "Allusion"} but it is not working for me.

It would be great to set up a visual filter to show all OT references regardless of their type.....

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 12:14 AM

Mike Tourangeau:
John can you share how you set up a visual filter? I have been playing around with {Label Intertext WHERE Target ~ <Hebrews> AND Relationship = "Allusion"} but it is not working for me.

I took that search

and then chose "Save as Visual Filter" from the resource control panel

What are you doing that is different?

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 1:10 AM

Graham Criddle:

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):
The dataset was supposed to ship with the interactive, apparently that didn't happen. I'll work on getting that shipped when I'm back in the office on Monday.

Thanks Rick

I'm planning a sermon series in Deuteronomy next quarter and it will be fascinating to see what insights this tool can provide - and being able to do that via a visual filter would be great.

Following up from this - with the updated dateset - I know have the visual filter set up showing Intertext references in Deuteronomy

Looking forward to seeing what insights this provides when preparing the sermon series next quarter.

Thanks Faithlife.

Posts 1221
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2015 11:41 AM

Graham Criddle:
I took that search

Hi Graham, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I have been swamped with other more pressing issues. From looking at how you set it up, I can see how to do it I think. I hope to fiddle with it on Monday. Thanks for taking the time to help.

Posts 21920
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2015 1:05 PM

No problem Mike

Hope you get it working 

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS