ANNOUNCEMENT: Black Friday Sale

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 6:40 PM

JoshInRI:

....do I get the discount on the magazine now that I already get it too please?

Are you trying to buy an "extension" of you subscription? (I would do that). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 5:12 AM

alabama24:

JoshInRI:

....do I get the discount on the magazine now that I already get it too please?

Are you trying to buy an "extension" of you subscription? (I would do that). 

Good question. My first thought upon seeing his query was why expect the discount to be applied to a purchase that was made before the discount became effective.

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 6:27 AM

Can anyone give me a little more info on the Mobile Ed courses on Greek and Hebrew? Is there any denominational bias or would it appeal to anyone interested in furthering their knowledge of Greek and Hebrew?

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 3:04 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Another set that I am considering is https://www.logos.com/product/54439/epea-aptera-unspoken-sermons by George Macdonald who was highly esteemed by C. S. Lewis. It is being offered for $9.99 but I'm a bit confused at the statement below that is on the product page. I don't have either the Feature Expansion or the Master Expansion. Does this mean that I will not be able to access these if I purchase them? Or does this simply mean that they are being offered separately from these collections for a period of time?

I am sorry for the miscommunication, it looks like I forgot to remove the warning label when these resources were completed last week. You can purchase them and they'll download immediately. If you purchase them, you'll even get a dynamic price discount on the Community Pricing collection if it ships (it's at an awfully low price as you noted elsewhere, so there's no promise that it'll ever ship at that price. But maybe.). So you can feel safe bidding on the Community Pricing collection and purchasing this sermon collection as dynamic pricing will kick in.

Average Joe:

Can anyone give me a little more info on the Mobile Ed courses on Greek and Hebrew? Is there any denominational bias or would it appeal to anyone interested in furthering their knowledge of Greek and Hebrew?

I'm watching the Mobile Ed course videos right now. They appear fine to me--it's all linguistic studies and how to use Logos to do research in linguistics. There is very little interpretation or even interpretive assumptions being made (there may be bias in the resources chosen to discuss, but it's not theological bias, it's purely the top-used and cited language dictionaries available in Logos). However, the purpose and conclusions of the course material (as with any catechetical or pedagogical material) is that you'll take what you're learning in your personal studies in Logos to the classroom or pulpit (or wherever you teach). As such, there is an underlying assumption of what is important to take out of your Greek studies. I intend to keep using this Greek course in order to maintain what I lost in the past years since I graduated from college and haven't opened a Greek textbook... Embarrassed There are many sections on verb tenses and noun cases and voice that I intend to watch and re-watch.

Naturally, depending on one's perspective, there isn't something fail-safe to please everyone, and I'm not saying that this course is for everyone. The subject is Bible translation, after all. There are sections that discuss etymological fallacy, the one-meaning fallacy, and semantic anachronism, and can see how that might upset someone out there within such a sensitive subject area.

Posts 6312
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 3:21 PM

Read "Handbook of NT Exegesis" by Craig Bloomberg and Exegetical Fallacies by D.A. Carson and you should be fine. If you like videos and have the money go for the videos. If I had the money, I'd buy them, but I have too much on my plate that not even a payment plan is feasible at this time.

DAL

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2015 7:08 PM

Brandon Rappuhn:

Average Joe:

I'm watching the Mobile Ed course videos right now. They appear fine to me--it's all linguistic studies and how to use Logos to do research in linguistics. There is very little interpretation or even interpretive assumptions being made (there may be bias in the resources chosen to discuss, but it's not theological bias, it's purely the top-used and cited language dictionaries available in Logos). However, the purpose and conclusions of the course material (as with any catechetical or pedagogical material) is that you'll take what you're learning in your personal studies in Logos to the classroom or pulpit (or wherever you teach). As such, there is an underlying assumption of what is important to take out of your Greek studies. I intend to keep using this Greek course in order to maintain what I lost in the past years since I graduated from college and haven't opened a Greek textbook... Embarrassed There are many sections on verb tenses and noun cases and voice that I intend to watch and re-watch.

Naturally, depending on one's perspective, there isn't something fail-safe to please everyone, and I'm not saying that this course is for everyone. The subject is Bible translation, after all. There are sections that discuss etymological fallacy, the one-meaning fallacy, and semantic anachronism, and can see how that might upset someone out there within such a sensitive subject area.

Thanks. That is helpful.

Page 3 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS