40% discount on Z titles for Pradis owners

Page 4 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 67 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 8:29 AM

Dan DeVilder:
I don't get what you mean?   Anyway, If you can qualify for less, then ask the sales rep to review your situation, right?

I wouldn't have gone for all 87 volumes had I known that the discount applies also to a fraction of the bundle.  Not that the extra $104 is a bad deal for the rest of the bundle but I feel bad for getting more books than I can use.  It makes me feels bad to be at home with all the books while there are people out there short of food and shelter...

Posts 2830
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 8:38 AM

Amy Leung:
I wouldn't have gone for all 87 volumes had I known that the discount applies also to a fraction of the bundle.  Not that the extra $104 is a bad deal for the rest of the bundle but I feel bad for getting more books than I can use.  It makes me feels bad to be at home with all the books while there are people out there short of food and shelter...

I am not sure why this is a problem as the product has not yet shipped? Cancel your order and order again what you want, problem solved! The deal is, you can only claim once before June. I did enquire about this and that was the info i received

Ted

Edit: Contact customer service about this.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 8:59 AM

Amy Leung:

Dan DeVilder:
I don't get what you mean?   Anyway, If you can qualify for less, then ask the sales rep to review your situation, right?

oohhhhhh, I get it.  You thought you HAD to buy the whole set to get 40%.  right?

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1130
Keith Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 9:01 AM

Dan DeVilder:
So, I figured: better having this on my computer than lugging around hard copies of resources I use a lot. 

Did you really use the Pradis stuff a lot? As much as I like the EBC I hate the Pradis interface so much that I found I rarely if ever took the time to open to read the EBC. So for all the good things I was reading about the NIVAC NT set and the very low bargain basement prices I could find on the internet, I knew I would never use it in Pradis.

If you have been using the NIVAC NT a lot in Pradis that speaks well for that series! Either that our you have a very high pain tolerance!

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 9:48 AM

P. Keith Larson:

Did you really use the Pradis stuff a lot?

Put it this way: I used it much less than had it been within Logos.  But I did use it, perhaps similar to my myriad of books that are within Logos: I use them especially when I like an author's particular approach or comments, or if I needed the research that some of the dictionaries or encyclopedias would provide.  But I would not use them all the time, just as I don't consult all my commentary series (even the favored series lie dormant from time to time).  But because it was another program to open, and I had a latent frustration with Pradis, it would be opened even less. 

I didn't hate Pradis . . . I just disliked using it very much most of the time, but not enough to not glean info from it, or appreciate its portability, or even like a feature or two (umm, well, one feature: colored panels.  The other feature, easy to use panels, was only good because I used infrequently and did not have as many resources to jumble around.  I won't begin to cover all my dislikes and "consternations")

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:23 AM

With the ambiguous wording of the Pradis to Logos crossgrade discount I remain confused....

I PURCHASED lots of Zondervan titles long before Jan 1st 2010. I only REGISTERED a couple (a long time back) I was advised to call Customer Service to determine my eligibility for discount pricing. The Logos Blog post says to make ONE call and have everything in hand to place an order.

Questions:
WHO do I call? Is CS a different department from Sales?
WHAT will suffice to show ownership? I've got the boxes, discs, most registration cards or whatever came in the boxes...
WHEN does the order have to be placed? March 15?     April?     June?
WHERE is that Samaritan Pentateuch Pre-Pub? Huh?  Say what? (Sorry, had to keep the flow going here. One of the dangers of preaching to an acronym.)
HOW about a payment plan?
WHY am I interested in the Zondervan Collection after months of ranting? Because I know the resources are very good. Long before the Pradis days I used many titles published by Zondervan. They were my main source of Bible study aids in the 70;'s & 80's. Unlike Pradis, Logos will open up new depths of accessibility.

I just want to avoid multiple calls to the wrong departments causing further congestion to the overworked folks in CS.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2980
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 8:49 AM

Matthew C Jones:

With the ambiguous wording of the Pradis to Logos crossgrade discount I remain confused....

I PURCHASED lots of Zondervan titles long before Jan 1st 2010. I only REGISTERED a couple (a long time back) I was advised to call Customer Service to determine my eligibility for discount pricing. The Logos Blog post says to make ONE call and have everything in hand to place an order.

Questions:
WHO do I call? Is CS a different department from Sales?
WHAT will suffice to show ownership? I've got the boxes, discs, most registration cards or whatever came in the boxes...
WHERE is that Samaritan Pentateuch Pre-Pub? Huh?  Say what? (Sorry, had to keep the flow going here. One of the dangers of preaching to an acronym.)
HOW about a payment plan?
WHY am I interested in the Zondervan Collection after months of ranting? Because I know the resources are very good. Long before the Pradis days I used many titles published by Zondervan. They were my main source of Bible study aids in the 70;'s & 80's. Unlike Pradis, Logos will open up new depths of accessibility.

I just want to avoid multiple calls to the wrong departments causing further congestion to the overworked folks in CS.

Who: You are calling Logos sales. Very easy process.

What: Logos has a list of registered Pradis users. If you registered you should be on that list. 

Where: ?

How: When I asked, there was no payment plan available

Why: They are very good and will likely never be this cheap again.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 28 2010 9:37 AM

Matthew C Jones:

The Blog entry says that the discounts are good until June 30, 2010.  Some have reported that Logos offered the 40% discount on the entire collection (or any part of the collection) even if they had only one title in Pradis.

Also, several Pradis users were not in the database that Logos recieved.  If you call Logos sales and find that you are not on the list, call or email Zondervan customer service.  I had this problem (even though I registed last March on the Zondervan website and recieved the email from them about the upgrade). They sent an email asking for the titles you own, ISBN numbers off of the CDs if you know them, and approximate date of purchase.  They have also sent followup emails to make sure that this was resolved to my satisfaction.

Page 4 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS