Logos Advent and other Free books

Page 3 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 81 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 3655
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 8:46 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

Through the years I have received numerous free books from Logos. Some of those books were real gems and I still use them regularly. The recent trend from Faithlife to give a Free commentary every month as the free book (and the added bonus of getting another for only $0.99) is wonderful and I hope they can continue this. Commentaries are by far my most favorite Freebie. Some books you read once and you are finished with it, but a commentary are used multiple times over years.

I just want to thank Faithlife for their generosity through the years. It is appreciated. Also, the latest Advent Daily freebie is great. It is like a Christmas present waiting to be opened every day. I can't wait to see what books are in store over the next few days. I am quite excited.

Thanks

I too am SO grateful to Faithlife for their generosity over the years & ESPECIALLY for the recent series of free commentaries.

Many thanks!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 8:50 AM

Well said!

mm.

Posts 36
Erich-Ayumi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 8:54 AM

confession: Looking at my browser stats, I am on LOGOS website waaaaay more than FACEBOOK Geeked

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 8:57 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

I just want to thank Faithlife for their generosity through the years. It is appreciated. Also, the latest Advent Daily freebie is great. It is like a Christmas present waiting to be opened every day. I can't wait to see what books are in store over the next few days. I am quite excited.

Thanks

Yes Ditto on the thanks.  

I really should have taken the time to tag all my freebies over the last few years - I'd probably be even more amazed.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3024
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 9:12 AM

That might not be a bad thing though Yes

Erich-Ayumi:

confession: Looking at my browser stats, I am on LOGOS website waaaaay more than FACEBOOK Geeked

mm.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 9:26 AM

I'm batting 333.  (1 new one so far.)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 9:27 AM

Yes Yes thanks FL for all your blessing to my Life

Sascha

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 10:49 AM

1 new to me out of 3 here.. but I am thankful that they are making good resources free so that I like free to others.

-Dan

Posts 77
Cliff Stumpf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 10:55 AM

Yes Yes, thank you Faithlife for the Advent freebies and the other freebies.

Cliff

Posts 953
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 12:44 PM

I'd like to add my thanks - I'm really grateful - particularly how the books that get given away are genuinely great books!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 497
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 1:23 PM

John Goodman:

I'd like to add my thanks - I'm really grateful - particularly how the books that get given away are genuinely great books!

YesYesYesYes

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 1:33 PM

I too would like to add my thanks, particularly with today's free offering of the Cornerstone volume. It reminded me that my introduction to Logos (actually Libronix) was with the giveaway of the Matthew/Mark  volume of the Cornerstone Commentary back in 2008.

Posts 6229
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 2:04 PM

1 new to me but I kind of wonder about Cornerstone commentary. 4 epistles (one big; Hebrews) and only around 400 pages? Must be a very basic commentary, more basic than Tyndale. It's ok though, it's free and that makes 2 I own from this series. Matthew and Mark was free also when it first came out :)

Posts 36
Erich-Ayumi | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 2:24 PM

The product pages says 792 pages. But yeah...i get your point. I looked at it. I would say it's ok so far. I gained some insights from it here and there.

Posts 6229
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 3:44 PM

Erich-Ayumi:

The product pages says 792 pages. But yeah...i get your point. I looked at it. I would say it's ok so far. I gained some insights from it here and there.

Product page may not be accurat. Some have reported 492 pages, my copy at the end of the bibliography stops at 478 ¿¿¿??? Somethin might be missing 

Posts 240
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 3:46 PM

Thanks Faithlife. YesYesYes

Posts 17
Rev A W Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 12:22 AM

Truly grateful for the very generous freebies that meet a real need. And thank you also to the kind notifications that on-the-ball Forum members pass on to help many of us who woild otherwise miss them.

Thanks AWP

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 1:06 AM

Thanks FL!  Extremely generous.  I'm batting 4 for 4.   

Posts 497
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 2:17 AM

Kevin Olson:

Thanks FL!  Extremely generous.  I'm batting 4 for 4.   

After today I am batting 3 out of 4. I like!

Posts 497
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 2:19 AM

DAL:

1 new to me but I kind of wonder about Cornerstone commentary. 4 epistles (one big; Hebrews) and only around 400 pages? Must be a very basic commentary, more basic than Tyndale. It's ok though, it's free and that makes 2 I own from this series. Matthew and Mark was free also when it first came out :)

You are probably right, but as the saying goes: never look a gift horse in the mouth Stick out tongue

Page 3 of 5 (82 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS