Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1614
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 4 2015 7:30 AM

I would like to suggest this new book for Logos:

http://www.sheffieldphoenix.com/showbook.asp?bkid=322 

Antti Laato: Guide to Biblical Chronology 2015

As far as I know, this is currently the best book about the chronology of the time of the kings in Judea and Israel, and would be very useful as a quick reference in Logos.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 548
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 12:46 PM

Nice find..  Just added it to my Amazon wish list..

Posts 443
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 2:10 PM

Veli Voipio:

I would like to suggest this new book for Logos:

http://www.sheffieldphoenix.com/showbook.asp?bkid=322 

Antti Laato: Guide to Biblical Chronology 2015

As far as I know, this is currently the best book about the chronology of the time of the kings in Judea and Israel, and would be very useful as a quick reference in Logos.

Veli, I don't want to sidestrack your suggestion. I too am interested in such resources. I wanted to mention, however, another recent resource in the same vein that you might find interesting. That is, Chris McKinny's The Regnal Chronology of the Kings of Judah and Israel: An Illustrated Guide. As he explains, he's largely visually illustrating Thiele's chronological model (with slight modification) and displaying relevant ANE synchronisms, not surveying and comparing it with every other system and offering a thorough defense. Anyway, it's a rather neat and epic chart. I'm not sure if anything quite like it will find its way into Logos (although I now recall a suggestion for a new interactive resources along these lines). I tend to find Logos's timeline a bit scattered and cluttered, although static charts obviously have their own limitations/trade-offs.

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 2:29 PM

If the regnal data is your thing, you might want to check out the resource SYNOTJACKSON, which in the sections for the kings, has some charts like this:

Posts 443
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 2:45 PM

Thanks, Jeff! Yes I've been intending to integrate these synoptic resources more into my study when relevant. Thanks for the reminder and also for your labor! Here's a link to the specific chart you display in your screenshot.

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2015 9:46 PM

You are welcome Adam.  I should mention too there's a Synopsis of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles interactive resource in Logos Now that's based on a subset of the same alignments, but also has alignments at the word level with highlighting of the corresponding words in each passage when you hover over them.

Posts 1614
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2015 3:23 AM

Good links, thanks to Jeff and Adam!

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS