Pink's The Sovereignty of God in Pre-Pub Purgatory.

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 5:14 PM

How do you have it in Spanish before we have it in English?

Posts 37
Steven Leavitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 26 2016 6:50 PM

June 10th!

Posts 7182
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 4:19 AM

Everett Headley:

It's been available for a while. In fact, it's this month's free book of the month in case you want to have it: https://www.logos.com/product/62165/la-soberania-de-dios-respuestas-a-objeciones-comunes 

DAL

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 7:08 AM

DAL:

Everett Headley:

It's been available for a while. In fact, it's this month's free book of the month in case you want to have it: https://www.logos.com/product/62165/la-soberania-de-dios-respuestas-a-objeciones-comunes 

DAL

Wow. Simply wow.  Anyone from Logos able to speak as to why this has taken even longer?

Posts 28950
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 11:57 AM

Everett Headley:
Anyone from Logos able to speak as to why this has taken even longer?

As I just reminded someone else, while we should appreciate the involvement of Faithlife employees in the forums, the forums are intended for users to help other users. We should not assume that it is a way to converse with Faithlife.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1756
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 12:09 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:
It will be released soon.

It must have paid the last penny.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 1:55 PM

MJ. Smith:

Everett Headley:
Anyone from Logos able to speak as to why this has taken even longer?

As I just reminded someone else, while we should appreciate the involvement of Faithlife employees in the forums, the forums are intended for users to help other users. We should not assume that it is a way to converse with Faithlife.

Per an email from  Bob regarding communication, we are to use the forums for communication with Logos employees.

Posts 28950
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 2:31 PM

Must have missed that ... thanks.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 2:46 PM

Everett Headley:
Wow. Simply wow.  Anyone from Logos able to speak as to why this has taken even longer?

Kyle explained further up the thread that they had tried to do it but something went wrong.

I guess they have a schedule of work to do and couldn't redo it without pushing everything else out so they waited until they could program it into their schedule 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 3:31 PM

Dave Thawley:
I guess they have a schedule of work to do and couldn't redo it without pushing everything else out so they waited until they could program it into their schedule

Faithlife had a substantial reduction in their workforce last December. I imagine a lot of projects have been pushed back a bit.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 27 2016 4:03 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

HansK:

Nord Zootman:

Kind of strange - I have this in my library (different cover)

Perhaps a PB I made some time ago? Big Smile

It could be a PB. We also produced a different edition of this resource many moons ago as a libronix resource. It's possible it's that you have the later edition.

You can easily tell if its a PB by looking at the type of resource it is in your library. I have an edition of this in libronix format from E4 Group in my library.

The E4 version includes extra material - four appendices, not included in the edition that was linked to elsewhere in this thread.  A PDF version available elsewhere on the web from a legitimate source also does not include the four appendices But then a third online source - it seems not hard to find this book online, does have the appendices. The one for purchase from the great jungle river bookstore also has the four appendices.  From the Logos product page it appears the four appendices are not listed as being included in the contents so are they part of this new Logos version or not and if not are they actually a part of the original work or not ? 

For those interested the appendices are as follows:

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2016 12:16 PM

Supposed to ship today.  Anyone get theirs?

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2016 1:44 PM

Everett Headley:

Just received mine!

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2016 2:51 PM

Aaron Sauer:

Everett Headley:

Just received mine!

Got mine too. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 945
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2016 2:54 PM

Just got it.  I know what I'm doning this weekend.

Posts 37
Steven Leavitt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2016 6:37 PM
Same here!
Posts 257
John C Connell Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2016 7:07 PM

Logos tells me it is out!  Good move Logos!

Be strong and courageous. . . for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Posts 153
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2016 7:32 PM

I know it isn't directly related to this book but thought I'd share. I've been reading Letters from Spartanburg which is a collection of letters he wrote to s man during the same time sovereignty was published. Today I came across a part that was interesting. He is talking about John Owen 16 volumes and how it should be readily available even if it wasn't purchased right then... For the grand price of $7.50!!!

how times have changed :) 

Posts 560
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 10 2016 7:50 PM

Everett Headley:

Got mine, along with the Great Books Big Smile

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 9229
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 11 2016 5:34 AM

Tony Walker:
He is talking about John Owen 16 volumes and how it should be readily available even if it wasn't purchased right then... For the grand price of $7.50!!!

$.47 per book would have been a good price even back then.

I find it quite interesting reading older books like this and see what things cost in general. Thanks for sharing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS