Any update on A Critical Lexicon and Concordance to the English and Greek New Testament by Bullinger

Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 59 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 879
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 8:47 AM

Bump

Posts 10307
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 8:59 AM

Wow, what a crock.  I don't even know what a crock is (in Florida, large scaly reptile maybe, but no 'k').

Under contract since 2013? And they think they'll have it ready for packagers? Real soon, now! Trying for 2017 for the foolish pre-pub'ers that didn't buy enough oil for their lamps, for a  3+ year wait?  

I'm not one of the foolish ones here ... still recovering from the Vulgate/DSS interlinears pre-pub egg-on-my-face embroglio.

Posts 26988
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 1:14 PM

Denise:
 I don't even know what a crock is

Okay back to your cookbooks ... the type used in the culinary arts not the type used in Logos. Search for fermented pickles or sauerkraut (with a k). ... Rather than illustrate "a crock" as you suggest, here is a "load of crock". The wooden pieces fit inside to hold the contents down under the brine and may be referred to as "pebbles".

However, the more conventional forum user may suggest the word is used in the second sense rather than the first, in your post. I can assure you that is considerably less fun - and much harder to post a picture of a "load of ..."

crock1 kräk/ noun noun: crock; plural noun: crocks;
  1. 1. an earthenware pot or jar.
    synonyms: pot, jar; More jug, pitcher, ewer; container, receptacle, vessel "a crock of honey"
    • a broken piece of earthenware.
  2. 2. a thing that is considered to be complete nonsense.
    synonyms: lie, falsehood, fib, made-up story, invention, fabrication, deception, (piece of) fiction; (little) white lie, half-truth; informaltall tale, whopper "his story was a total crock"

Edited for word of Germanic origin that appeared in the text as copy and pasted but not in the text as I saw it displayed in the original screen.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 1:51 PM

and here I am waiting for Bullinger

Posts 6555
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 1:55 PM

Nice definitions that include profanity 👌

MJ. Smith:

Denise:
 I don't even know what a crock is

Okay back to your cookbooks ... the type used in the culinary arts not the type used in Logos. Search for fermented pickles or sauerkraut (with a k). ... Rather than illustrate "a crock" as you suggest, here is a "load of crock". The wooden pieces fit inside to hold the contents down under the brine and may be referred to as "pebbles".

However, the more conventional forum user may suggest the word is used in the second sense rather than the first, in your post. I can assure you that is considerably less fun - and much harder to post a picture of a "load of ..."

crock1 kräk/ noun noun: crock; plural noun: crocks; noun: crock of shit; plural noun: crocks of shit

1. 1. an earthenware pot or jar.
    synonyms: pot, jar; More jug, pitcher, ewer; container, receptacle, vessel "a crock of honey"
    • a broken piece of earthenware.
  2. 2. a thing that is considered to be complete nonsense.
    synonyms: lie, falsehood, fib, made-up story, invention, fabrication, deception, (piece of) fiction; (little) white lie, half-truth; informaltall tale, whopper "his story was a total crock"

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 1:57 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Since we were ahead of schedule on most of our internal production I was hopeful we would beat our original production goal. Instead we only met our production goal of late September/early October.

As it stands we're targeting on making it available to Base Package Customers on October 3rd. I would have to follow up with marketing to determine when it will be available to people who ordered the pre-pub but haven't purchased it via L7 base package. I imagine it would be within a week. They typically want to give pre-pub purchasers a two week warning that it is shipping so if I had to guess it would be sometime between Oct. 5-12.

Its October 15th now. I have all the new packages, including this set but it is still not in my library.

Any update on the status is very much appreciated.

Hans

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 2:04 PM

DAL:

Profanity is not allowed in my living room. Huh?

MJ. Smith:

Posts 6555
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 2:25 PM

Robert Harner:

DAL:

MJ. Smith:

Profanity is profanity regardless of context and definition.   I have never seen the "S" word used in a positive way.

Posts 26988
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 3:07 PM

My apologies ... what I copied and pasted was this:

I did not notice that the text changed when pasted. Then again, having grown up on a cattle ranch with Dad specializing in breeding stock we had several bullpens and plenty of manure, bull excrement or to use the native English word of Germanic origin ...   But my apologies to anyone who was offended. It was unintentional and not used as profanity.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10307
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 3:09 PM

Thank you, MJ!  Interestingly, the container absent the contents (in deference to DAL and Bob) have enterred my ears quite a bit, even in Christian contexts ... I suspect like hec with a k on the end (have to tippy-toe here).

Actually I thought I'd catch it for the croc in Florida, instead of Louisiana.  But I still think making pre-pub-ers wait, after 3 years is a silly game.

Posts 26988
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 3:50 PM

Denise:
But I still think making pre-pub-ers wait, after 3 years is a silly game.

Only when applied to the Guides to Biblical Scholarship series and The Grail Psalms which are on my pre-orders. Angel

Posts 26988
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 3:52 PM

Robert Harner:

Embarrassed

Having had teenage foster children of varied backgrounds my living room rules on language were:

• no expletives that referred to a diety
  • no excuses of "pardon my French" when the word you used was Germanic

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 5:28 PM

MJ. Smith:

Robert Harner:

Embarrassed

Having had teenage foster children of varied backgrounds my living room rules on language were:

• no expletives that referred to a diety
  • no excuses of "pardon my French" when the word you used was Germanic

I grew up in a small town in simpler times. I don't recall my friends or I having to have the mouth washed with Grandma's Lye Soap.  Even in the next dozen or so years after leaving home when things were a "little more open" the only words I remember being linked with "crock" was "after while . . ."  Cool

Posts 26988
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 7:12 PM

Robert Harner:
the only words I remember being linked with "crock" was "after while . . ."

Ah yes ... elementary grades for me IIRC Smile

Robert Harner:
I grew up in a small town in simpler times.

Does officially 125 but that included Grandma's goats count as small? And times were implied from above ... and I'll admit to having never hear the offending phrase before.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 7:46 PM

MJ. Smith:

Robert Harner:
the only words I remember being linked with "crock" was "after while . . ."

Ah yes ... elementary grades for me IIRC Smile

Perhaps around 1956 

MJ. Smith:

Robert Harner:
I grew up in a small town in simpler times.

Does officially 125 but that included Grandma's goats count as small? And times were implied from above ... and I'll admit to having never hear the offending phrase before.

I'd say that is on the small side. Hardly enough to have a football team. 

Posts 26988
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 8:36 PM

Robert Harner:

Ah but if 3-4 schools sign the right paper work they can play B-8. Wink

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2016 8:40 PM

MJ. Smith:

Robert Harner:

Ah but if 3-4 schools sign the right paper work they can play B-8. Wink

The B-8? I had to find out what. 

Posts 1038
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:08 AM

I apologize for the lack of update.

We ran into some complicated production issues at the end of the very end of the production cycle that took longer than expected to finish.

Those issues have been resolved and we're looking at pushing this out in the next two weeks.

Posts 3311
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 10:13 AM

The crock posts made my day... Thank you

Posts 879
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 1:42 PM

BUMP

Page 2 of 3 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS