Where's Zondervan Logos Coupon for 50% off

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 9:28 AM

Wow, so I paid $474.95 for the whole collection in Pre-pub and now it is on sale for $308.33?  I thought that in general, the Pre-pub price is supposed to be the lowest possible price that a resource will ever reach.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 10:04 AM

Joseph Turner:

Wow, so I paid $474.95 for the whole collection in Pre-pub and now it is on sale for $308.33?  I thought that in general, the Pre-pub price is supposed to be the lowest possible price that a resource will ever reach.

This won't ease your mind at all but this sounds like its a publisher deal....On the bright side, least you got use of the resources in the beginning of it's release. 

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 10:31 AM

Anyone know if the version of Sing and Learn NT Greek comes with the goodies mentioned on Zondervan's website? 

"It includes a CD (containing eleven songs and a PowerPoint with paradigm charts for classroom use) and a booklet with the same paradigm charts for students’ personal use."

http://www.zondervan.com/sing-and-learn-new-testament-greek

Not so much interested in the CD as the PowerPoint and paradigm charts to go along with the songs. 

EDIT: Those must be some long songs, if there are only 11 of them but they last 80 minutes. Zondervan's website says all but one of the songs can be sung in less than 15 seconds. Confused about the math here...

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 12:01 PM

ChelseaFC:

Joseph Turner:

This won't ease your mind at all but this sounds like its a publisher deal....On the bright side, least you got use of the resources in the beginning of it's release. 

I actually haven't used them at all.  I bought them for future use, because I didn't want to pay $600 for them, and we had previously been conditioned to believe that

1.  the Pre-pub price is always the best discount

2.  Zondervan resources don't go on sale.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 2331
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 12:36 PM

How long does this sale last?

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 12:46 PM

Ronald Quick:

How long does this sale last?

December 18.

Posts 383
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 1:03 PM

On the issue of prepub being the lowest price. A while back, this came up (can't remember the resource or for sure the specific situation), and the price during a publisher sale was higher with Logos than any of its competitors else and the reason given was that Logos wanted to be faithful to the 'never lower than prepub' statement, viewing it as a promise. The overwhelming response was not to use the prepub statement as a promise - things change, prices can drop (think March Madness, specials from a publisher). This is just part of life. It is great to get a discount for a Prepub. It is great for others if they ultimately get a better price some other time.

We want to be careful that we don't put Logos in a no win situation. Take a fair discount and if later someone gets a better discount, then even better for them.

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 1:09 PM

I had always assumed the best price for any resource was when it was obtained as part of a base package.

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 1:10 PM

Joseph Turner:

ChelseaFC:

Joseph Turner:

I actually haven't used them at all.  I bought them for future use, because I didn't want to pay $600 for them, and we had previously been conditioned to believe that

1.  the Pre-pub price is always the best discount

2.  Zondervan resources don't go on sale.

Sorry about Joseph..Bummer...:( 

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 2:06 PM

1.  Zondervan has probably realized they need to have great  sales every now and then to keep customers coming instead of scaring them away. 2. The prepub price is the best price at the time of the product's release, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it cannot be discounted more in future sales (after all that's why they are called "sales").

I know it can be frustrated at times but it is what it is. I been there before, you're not the only one- I feel your pain :)

DAL

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 2:33 PM

Danny Parker:

On the issue of prepub being the lowest price. A while back, this came up (can't remember the resource or for sure the specific situation), and the price during a publisher sale was higher with Logos than any of its competitors else and the reason given was that Logos wanted to be faithful to the 'never lower than prepub' statement, viewing it as a promise. The overwhelming response was not to use the prepub statement as a promise - things change, prices can drop (think March Madness, specials from a publisher). This is just part of life. It is great to get a discount for a Prepub. It is great for others if they ultimately get a better price some other time.

We want to be careful that we don't put Logos in a no win situation. Take a fair discount and if later someone gets a better discount, then even better for them.

I'm not looking to put Logos in a no win situation, and I certainly don't want to miss out on discounts, but I also don't want to be backed into a no win situation myself.  As illustrated in this thread, Logos understands that the pre-publication discount is important, and in that case they made it right with everyone involved.  I often make pre-publication purchases because of the understanding that it will likely be the best deal I get, except on the rare occasion that something is discounted in a March Madness or Daily deal, but those deals don't usually discount a whole set, as is the case here, and this is a substantial discount over what the pre-pub price was.  

It is also automatically assumed and advertised that a base package provides a better deal than anything else.

Posts 2467
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 5:17 PM

Joseph Turner:

I often make pre-publication purchases because of the understanding that it will likely be the best deal I get, except on the rare occasion that something is discounted in a March Madness or Daily deal.  

This is a Zondervan sale. That's very rare! Cool

Posts 1975
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 5:58 PM

Lee:

Joseph Turner:

I often make pre-publication purchases because of the understanding that it will likely be the best deal I get, except on the rare occasion that something is discounted in a March Madness or Daily deal.  

This is a Zondervan sale. That's very rare! Cool

LOL, and that is a great point!  With all the above said, my OP was not intended to start anything, and if Logos were to take the sale down because of the pre-pub price deal then any irritation that I feel about paying more would turn to major irritation at the sudden change of the sale.  That was most certainly not my intention.  I will live with the fact that I overpaid...................a lot.  Stick out tongue

Posts 979
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 7:08 PM

I see that https://www.logos.com/product/40504/a-workbook-for-new-testament-syntax / https://www.logos.com/product/41573/new-testament-syntax isn't discounted either although it is included in the master set.

Posts 1829
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2015 7:22 PM
Greek for the Rest of Us, 2nd ed. $11.98 USD
Biblical Greek: A Compact Guide $7.98 USD
English Grammar to Ace New Testament Greek $5.00 USD
Basics of Biblical Hebrew (3 vols.) $29.98 USD

Thanks Logos, these are good deals. 

Posts 60
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2015 7:14 AM

Anyone know how we can have Faithlife check to see if the items that have been mentioned in this thread that are not discounted should be?  Since it is a publisher sale and they are discounted on other vendors, I think it is an oversight, but I don't know how to have anyone at Faithlife check.

Posts 758
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2015 4:31 PM

You people are costing me my Christmas money! :)

Posts 3048
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2015 9:46 PM

Alan:
I don't know how to have anyone at Faithlife check.

Attn: Gabe Martini ?

Posts 60
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 13 2015 7:03 PM

How do I go about sending something specifically to him?

Posts 484
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2015 9:08 AM

This sale closes in a couple of days.  What do you consider to be the best resources, your must have products?

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS