Resources missing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 79
George Ruddell | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2010 4:34 AM

Hello Everyone

I have just re-installed Logos 4.0 after my laptop HD was infected with a virus. Some resources which I purchased in 2009 appear to be missing. How do I check that all of my resources are present? Can I print out a list of the entire list of books (title, author, etc.)? The books which are missing were purchased for Logos 3.0 on pre-pub as CDs and were never added to my collection by me. I have received the CDs for these books in the last 4-5 weeks.

Thank you in anticipation.

George

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:00 PM

George Ruddell:

Hello Everyone

I have just re-installed Logos 4.0 after my laptop HD was infected with a virus. Some resources which I purchased in 2009 appear to be missing. How do I check that all of my resources are present? Can I print out a list of the entire list of books (title, author, etc.)? The books which are missing were purchased for Logos 3.0 on pre-pub as CDs and were never added to my collection by me. I have received the CDs for these books in the last 4-5 weeks.

Thank you in anticipation.

George

I am absolutely positive on this but....it sounds like getting L3 on your laptop and syncing the licenses after those CD's are in L3  will allow the update now command in L4 will be able to do it. 

It also seems like just calling Logos would allow them to turn on the titles of the CD's.  (I am really not sure about this hint)...

I will also hope another smart logos user checks this thread.

William

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 5:28 AM

You are correct. If sync'ing in L3 does not work/cannot be done then Support staff should be able to take the serial number and update the licences for L4 to download.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 5:34 AM

George Ruddell:
How do I check that all of my resources are present?

The number you had in L3 is a rough indication, but you must subtract PBB (*.lbxoeb) files as these are not yet supported in L4.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23
Jim Poulsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 7:45 AM

Similar problem, computer drive failure so bought a new PC and downloaded L4. I always sync'd licenses but some purchased resources are missing.

For example, I bought MacArthur Commentary Vol 1 & 2 last year which includes 19 NT commentaries, but only four show up in L4 (Romans, Galatians, 1 Cor and James). I have the CD's so I can reinstall, but how do I figure out which resources are missing and need to be reinstalled? I thought sync'g licenses should solve this problem.

Posts 25032
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 5:03 PM

Jim Poulsen:
I thought sync'g licenses should solve this problem.

That is correct. But I always backup my resources just in case of a hardware problem and/or the "cloud"!

I would get in contact with customer services ASAP.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS