Hebrew Lemma Search

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2204
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2015 3:17 PM

Actually it is Logos Hebrew Morphology used in the LHB and RI's.

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2015 3:28 PM

John Fidel:

Actually it is Logos Hebrew Morphology used in the LHB and RI's.

How so? They show NCMPC and NCFPC for the two instances of the Lemma (LHB; LH-EIB, RI for NIV2011, NRSV, NRSVCE, ESV, LU84)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2015 3:37 PM

NB.Mick:
Seems to be something in that Westminster morphology coding - I don't see that in what's in my library:

Westminster 4.18 does indeed say feminine. (I had to change my version to see it, I'm not sure why.)

Posts 2204
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2015 3:49 PM

Mick,

Perhaps we are not communicating clearly. My screenshot was from the ESV using the Logos Hebrew Morphology that showed the additional morphology for verb etc.

Sorry if I am adding more confusion than answers.

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2015 4:06 PM

John Fidel:

Mick,

Perhaps we are not communicating clearly. My screenshot was from the ESV using the Logos Hebrew Morphology that showed the additional morphology for verb etc.

The point is that the Exegetical guide shows different variants from the morphologies of the resources in the library, not the one selected. If you ran on a PC, you could hover the plus sign and we'd see (maybe the old, long-superseded Westminster 4.2 morphology?)   

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2015 4:10 PM

Mark Barnes:

NB.Mick:
Seems to be something in that Westminster morphology coding - I don't see that in what's in my library:

Westminster 4.18 does indeed say feminine.

which is a new variation - but still it says it's a noun.

Curious: how come your Hebrew transliteration looks so different, is this priorization of Westminster 4:18?

Posts 2204
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2015 4:48 PM

On a Mac, so that is not functional as of this date.

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2015 4:56 PM

NB.Mick:
Curious: how come your Hebrew transliteration looks so different, is this priorization of Westminster 4:18?

I didn't change my prioritisation, just chose the Westminster in the settings for the Word by Word section. But transliteration is set in Program Settings. Mine's set to "Simplified", which is about right for my level of Hebrew!

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2015 4:21 PM

Off Topic: This thread gave me the idea to put together a Reading List of Hebrew Bible Texts in Logos and their respective morphological tagging. I found no link for the old Westminster 4.2 - feel free to update the list if you own/know of more Hebrew bibles 

Posts 53
Placyd Kon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2015 12:01 AM

John Fidel:
Note the additional tagging. Placyd it is yours to take from here...

Ok. Thank you!

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2015 12:03 PM

NB.Mick:
the Exegetical guide shows different variants from the morphologies of the resources in the library, not the one selected. If you ran on a PC, you could hover the plus sign and we'd see (maybe the old, long-superseded Westminster 4.2 morphology?)   

seems to be confirmed by a screenshot in a post in another thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/120224/789478.aspx#789478 

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2015 2:11 PM

NB.Mick:

The new or most updated version of the Westminster that Logos has is the 4.18 Biblia Hebraica Westmonasteriensis 

https://www.logos.com/product/36749/biblia-hebraica-westmonasteriensis-with-westminster-hebrew-morphology-418

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2015 2:24 PM

BKMitchell:

NB.Mick:

The new or most updated version of the Westminster that Logos has is the 4.18 Biblia Hebraica Westmonasteriensis 

https://www.logos.com/product/36749/biblia-hebraica-westmonasteriensis-with-westminster-hebrew-morphology-418

I know that, but for one who doesn't read Hebrew at all, I own much too many Hebrew bibles already....

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS