Bug: Inconsistent behavior in floating library window

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 13 2015 2:51 PM

Sometimes selecting a resource from the floating library window moves focus to the opened resource and other times focus stays on the library window. After living with this annoyance for a long time, I've finally (I think) found the cause. When the library window gets opened, as long as I make sure to click only directly on a resource title, the focus remains on the library window. However, if I click next to the title (so it won't open) and then click on the title to open the resource, the focus shifts (correctly) to the opened resource. 

To replicate: Start from a blank layout and hit Cmd+L (I'm on a Mac...curious if this problem occurs in windows as well). Next open as many resources as you'd like, being careful to only click directly on the title. Now, click next to the title (as if you'd like to only select the resource for e.g. info purposes), and then click the title to open the resource (and shift focus).

I'm attaching a screencast to demonstrate.

Posts 1526
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2015 9:44 AM

I can confirm this (I am also on a Mac). In addition, after you click next to the title, every resource you open after that will shift focus to the resource. Closing the library window resets it to the first behavior of not changing focus to the resource.

I agree that it is inconsistent and a bit annoying (although I never tracked it down like you did, good job)

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2015 1:48 PM

Thanks for the confirmation, Integ! Could someone on the Windows platform try to replicate this?

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 7:49 AM

Bump @FaithLife

Could someone verify this bug and file a case?

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 8:10 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

Bump @FaithLife

Could someone verify this bug and file a case?

Thanks for your patience! I can confirm this on Mac, but on Windows resources immediately shift focus after opening, even clicking just directly on the title. I *think* this is the intended behavior, but I'll make a case to clarify which is correct.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 7:55 PM

Dylan Rondeau:
I'll make a case to clarify which is correct.

Thanks Dylan!

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2016 7:44 PM

Any update on this Dylan?

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 3:37 AM

Bump

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 2:56 PM

We have a case filed to look into this.  I don't have a timeline as to when this will be resolved.

Posts 1940
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 8 2017 5:04 AM

BUMP! It's been a year and a half now and still no further response or bug fix!

Posts 24722
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 8 2017 4:43 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

BUMP! It's been a year and a half now and still no further response or bug fix!

It won't be fixed in Logos 6 now that it is no longer supported. Can you upgrade to Logos 7 and see if it is fixed? (if already on Logos 7 post a Bug thread in the Logos 7 forum).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS