Logos 6.8 - Copy Footnotes Not Working

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 59
FrMoses | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2015 6:45 PM

Hello,

I was very happy to see the new functionality in Logos 6.8 concerning the copying of footnotes. Here is what the release notes say:

Added Copy Footnotes As setting. This setting has the following options:

Auto – Footnotes will be copied to the clipboard in a format compatible with most word processors.
Footnotes – Footnotes will be copied as footnotes. This requires full footnote support in the target application.
Text – Footnotes will be copied as regular text. This works well with applications that don’t support footnotes.

It seems relatively straightforward, but when I try these options, all of them don't do what I would expect:

• When I enable "Copy Footnotes" and choose "Text" as the option, I still see unlinked text numbers in the body of the copied excerpt, like this: "On this matter, both the chronologer Africanus and Eusebius of Caesarea have discussed the discrepancies in the Gospels more fully in their books.18"

• When I enable "Copy Footnotes" and choose "Auto" or "Footnote" as options, I see the same exact thing. The footnotes do not translate to Microsoft Word, which is clearly able to handle footnotes.

• When I disable "Copy Footnotes" altogether, I still see the same thing — unlinked text numbers in the body of the excerpt.

From these tests, it seems to me this functionality is broken, because all of the options produce the same result.

For reference, I am using Logos 6.8 on a MacBook Pro running the latest stable version of OS X "El Capitan" and the latest version of Microsoft Word. The resource I am using for all of these tests is the Fathers of the Church Series.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thank you kindly for your help.

I use Verbum with an 8-Core Mac Pro (2013) and a MacBook Pro (2017)

Posts 21700
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2015 12:33 AM

It is working correctly for me with Office 2013 and Windows 8.1 as below

FrMoses:
the latest version of Microsoft Word.

What version is that?

I wonder if this is a Mac-specific issue. Hopefully another Mac user will be able to check and comment.

Posts 59
FrMoses | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2015 9:43 AM

Thank you, Graham, for testing this out on your system. Your post prompted me to test the results on another Mac (Mac Pro) running the same versions of everything... and it worked! 

I'm not sure why it doesn't work on the MacBook Pro. Perhaps there is a conflict with another application, which I will try to troubleshoot.

Also, FYI, the latest version of Microsoft Word for Mac is branded for marketing purposes as Word 2016, but the version number is 15.17.

I use Verbum with an 8-Core Mac Pro (2013) and a MacBook Pro (2017)

Posts 3
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 4:05 PM

Mine isn't working.  Have current version Logos.  On macOS.

Posts 21700
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 10:49 PM

Hi Gary - and welcome to the forums

There is currently an issue with this in Word on Mac

Please see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/133854.aspx for a workaround

If that doesn't resolve the issue for you please start a new thread and provide as many details as you can 

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS