Import Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5
Doug Whitehead | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2015 6:18 PM

The Reading Plan allows you to export to text file. I was able to mimic the format and put my own verses into a text document that I want to import into Logos 6. How do I do that?

Posts 26336
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 6:42 PM

I am not sure what you are trying to do... You can "export" a reading plan so that you can have a printed copy... but reversing the process isn't possible. It might be good to know what kind of plan you are trying to create.

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC LogsInstall

Posts 26336
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 6:43 PM

here is the wiki about reading plans... that might be informative: https://wiki.logos.com/Reading_Plans 

Posts 5
Doug Whitehead | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2015 7:44 PM

I was able to generate my own list that looks like this

[ ] January 01, 2016 Ecclesiastes 1-2, Psalm 49, Romans 1
[ ] January 02, 2016 Eccl 3-6, Rom 2
[ ] January 03, 2016 Eccl 7-9, Rom 3
[ ] January 04, 2016 Eccl 10-12, Rom 4
[ ] January 05, 2016 Genesis 1-3, Rom 5
[ ] January 06, 2016 Gen 4-5, Rom 6
[ ] January 07, 2016 Ps 53, Gen 6-8, Rom
[ ] January 08, 2016 Gen 9-10, Rom 8
[ ] January 09, 2016 Gen 11-12, Rom 9

Seems kind of weird why I wouldn't be able to just import the list into a reading plan.

Posts 26336
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2015 5:51 AM

Doug Whitehead:
Seems kind of weird why I wouldn't be able to just import the list into a reading plan.

I have long been a proponent of beefing up the ability to create and share more advanced reading plans... not just bible ones either. However, "importing" a reading plan isn't straightforward. There would have to be a clearly defined syntax and ANY deviation would ruin the plan. Most Logos users aren't computer programers.  

Posts 21
Christopher Klein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 4:59 PM

Hi Doug - can you share with me how you imported a reading plan? 

Thanks!!

Posts 26336
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 5:55 PM

Christopher Klein:

He didn't. You can't import reading plans. 

Posts 9276
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 26 2016 9:09 PM

alabama24:

Christopher Klein:

He didn't. You can't import reading plans. 

Which is a pity. But you can import a Passage List and then generate a Reading Plan from it.

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 4820
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 4:00 AM

Doug Whitehead:

I was able to generate my own list that looks like this

[ ] January 01, 2016 Ecclesiastes 1-2, Psalm 49, Romans 1

The export is to create a simple manual checklist to use outside of the software with a print bible, hence the set of square brackets at the start of each line for you mark as completed that days reading.

There is no simple way of importing a list into the software to create a reading plan. To create a complex custom reading plan you a combination of passage lists (imported from text files)  and other reading lists (based on passage ranges and set for reading on specific days e.g. Saturday and Sunday only).

Posts 26336
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 27 2016 11:02 AM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
The export is to create a simple manual checklist to use outside of the software with a print bible

Yes

Posts 16
Mark Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 12:56 AM

I realise it is not possible to import a reading plan, but I am trying to copy one, so create a new one based on an old one. I was using a custom reading plan, hadn't entered all dates yet, but used it, and kept updating adding an extra month to the plan. However, I got a bit behind, and got past the last date. No problem for the desktop, I could add new entries. But the Android app shows an empty plan, and crashed when selecting options. So I am looking for a way to copy to a new plan, which I can then see in the app again. 

Any suggestions? 

Posts 26336
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2016 4:30 AM

Mark Hale:
Any suggestions?

I don't fully follow. If you don't mind, please create a new thread. It might be helpful to have some screen shots. If the issue is about creating a plan, use the L6 forum. If it is about crashing on Android, use that forum. 

Posts 2
James G. Moon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 8 2017 2:57 AM

You have to create a personalized book. And after you have created a personalized book. Then select "Generate a Reading Plan." 

If the book you have create has 365 individualized lines with Bible References. Logos will atomically recognize the references and generate a yearly plan

Posts 1
David Buller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2018 1:35 PM

Hi James,

Sounds like it would work. Attached is a screen shot of my personalized book, but when I try to generate a reading plan using this, it puts everything on January 1. How do I designate what goes on day 2, etc? Apparently, hitting the "Enter" key in Word is not enough.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS