Logos 6 Crash on Mac while attempting to open the program

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1
James F. Vukelich | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 20 2015 12:34 PM

I click on the Logos 6 icon to open Logos 6, as I always have. The window opens indicating that the program is "signing in". Then the window comes up indicating it is "synchronizing files". Then a window opens up like it normally would as Logos 6 is about to open and then it stops and I get the message on the screen "Logos quit unexpectedly". This has happened a number of times during the past week. I believe I have followed all of the steps listed on this page: 

https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/crash

8130.LogosLogs.jamesfvukelich.20151220-151740.zip

Posts 1555
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2015 1:32 PM

Try starting with a blank layout. Click on the icon to launch Logos, then immediately hold down on the command key (before you get to the signing in window). You'll get a window where you can open Logos with a blank layout. If this works, you'll have to rebuild your layouts.

Posts 87
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2015 2:02 PM

Agree but just set the home screen as default and not a lay out.  Then go through and see what lay outs are crashing. I have two and labeled them as crashing.  Have about 12 layouts and went through and opened them.  Def see them rebuilding.  Will wait for logos to come out with patch that they are working on.  Thankfully important layouts not affected.  

Posts 42
Doug Hiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2015 3:41 PM

I lost half of my layouts.  I have a mystery resource that if I load it crashes.  See if you have one too.  Hit the + in a pane and scroll through recent resources.  I have one that is a large yellow warning triangle, that says that it is not available if you hover over it.  It won't tell me what it is, but if you click on it you crash.  I don't need the crashes to stop as much as the resource back since it was one I used a lot, theoretically.  Theoretically since I don't know what it is.  My guess it is either a dictionary or some resource that integrates into the bible.  Here is the likely candidates since they updated right before the crashes started.  Merry Christmas.

Recent updated resources.

Posts 87
Gary George | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2015 4:42 PM

Would call tech support tomorrow.  I was on the phone with them.  Logos is working on a patch for Mac issue.  I was told layouts are stored in the cloud, so not sure whats going on there.  Most all of mine rebuilt, upon opening.  Can always re-sync all your resources.     

Posts 42
Doug Hiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2015 5:20 PM

Thanks.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2015 4:28 PM

Gary George:
 Logos is working on a patch for Mac issue.

This issue should be resolved in 6.8 SR-1.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS