Got a good Logos Resource???

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 20 2010 2:30 AM

I am wanting to have a couple of good resources on Creation.  I am personally a young earth 6 literal days creationist.

What would a good set of resources for this topic be?  I, of course, prefer logos product but will consider paper.  I do not mind (I would even prefer) a pretty "science" driven resource(S).

Posts 19306
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 4:00 AM

Check out the Creation Science product guide. You'll probably find a lot of resources that you'd find helpful there.

Posts 98
Tim Lord | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 2:20 PM

From the Logos link that Rosie provided, a good collection that adheres to the traditional interpretation of six-day creation in the plain sense of reading the Genesis text is the Day One Creation and Science Collection.  The books by Hugh Ross do not adhere to the traditional interpretation of creation, but the books by Dennis Gordon Lindsey do.  In terms of technical quality, and credentialed authors, the Day One Creation and Science Collection is a good choice.  There are a few other titles of interest, such as Dr. Henry Morris' book The Genesis Record. And if you'd like to have a book that gives a powerful theological defense for the tradition interpretation of the six days of creation, be sure to get James B. Jordan's book, Creation in Six Days.

Posts 367
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 10:16 PM

William,

Logos has just released "Creation in 6 days" by James Jordan. You don't have to agree with every paragraph to get good value out of this book.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 7:02 PM

William Bingham:
I am wanting to have a couple of good resources on Creation.  I am personally a young earth 6 literal days creationist.

I think I will buy the "Creation in 6 days" book here.

I wonder what would happen, if when I go around town meeting new people, if I greet them with, "Hi!  I am a young earth 6 literal days creationist. How do you like me so far?"

Just thinking.

Posts 33422
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 7:10 PM

Dan Sheppard:
if I greet them with, "Hi!  I am a young earth 6 literal days creationist. How do you like me so far?"

I would have great fun deciding whether to identify myself as a Hindu or Jewish multiple creations /destruction cycles ...perhaps something beginning with "in this particular incarnation, I am a 4th yuga multicyclicist.Big Smile

Okay, certain musings activate my contrarian-imp side

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 7:13 PM

MJ. Smith:

am a 4th yuga multicyclicist.Big Smile

Okay, certain musings activate my contrarian-imp side

Improper attitude, there M.J.. What I do when I do that is justify it by telling myself that I am simply providing them practice for when they do hit that view point. Wink

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 10:29 PM

Dan Sheppard:
I wonder what would happen, if when I go around town meeting new people, if I greet them with, "Hi!  I am a young earth 6 literal days creationist. How do you like me so far?"

I usually don't reveal that I am a young earth 6 literal days creationist.  When I was typing this thread, I must have lost my mind.  I do remember typing 3 or 4 sentences and then saying to myself, "I don't want to say it that way."  I would then delete it back to where I would be changing my intent for the question.  I did this 3 or 4 times.  I must have gotten tired of going back and forth and just left it that way.  In a way, I wanted that idea to come out though.  I get pretty uptight when I hear about Hugh Ross and "creation" in the same sentence.  But that is a conversation for another forum.  Zip it!

Posts 33422
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 11:42 PM

William Bingham:
I usually don't reveal that I am a young earth 6 literal days creationist. 

But it gave us such fun ... Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS