Bug 6.9 beta 1: Biblical Theologies Guide Section not appearing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 22 2015 3:15 PM

I can't see the Biblical Theologies Guide section in the PG or EG.

I tried "update resources" in case I was missing a dataset, but it said no updates were found.

"Update now" and "update resources" seem substantially quicker now, by the way. Is that a server-side improvement, or something else?

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2015 4:08 PM

Mark Barnes:

I can't see the Biblical Theologies Guide section in the PG or EG.

I tried "update resources" in case I was missing a dataset, but it said no updates were found.

"Update now" and "update resources" seem substantially quicker now, by the way. Is that a server-side improvement, or something else?

Does the section appear if you restart the app? I asked a developer about this:

As a performance optimization, we only query the library for available resource types and traits once (for use with guide sections). So, if the resource isn't available the first time it is queried, then it won't be available without a restart.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2015 4:17 PM

Dylan Rondeau:

As a performance optimization, we only query the library for available resource types and traits once (for use with guide sections). So, if the resource isn't available the first time it is queried, then it won't be available without a restart.

No, I still can't see it. Nor can I see a dataset in the "Updated" section in the home page. Should I look for a dataset in the "About" section?

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 22 2015 4:31 PM

Mark Barnes:

Dylan Rondeau:

No, I still can't see it. Nor can I see a dataset in the "Updated" section in the home page. Should I look for a dataset in the "About" section?

Okay, we're looking into it. I think it missed getting added to the Logos Now licenses, we hope to have that fixed ASAP.

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2015 1:35 PM

Dylan Rondeau:
Okay, we're looking into it. I think it missed getting added to the Logos Now licenses, we hope to have that fixed ASAP.

So this was a misunderstanding on my part. Due to the Christmas holiday, the resources backing this section won't be available until Beta 4. I've removed it from Beta 1's release notes, and sorry for the confusion. Consider it a sneak peek? Smile Again, sorry about this!

Posts 1083
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2015 4:31 PM

Dylan Rondeau:

Dylan Rondeau:

So this was a misunderstanding on my part. Due to the Christmas holiday, the resources backing this section won't be available until Beta 4. I've removed it from Beta 1's release notes, and sorry for the confusion. Consider it a sneak peek? Smile Again, sorry about this!

Bummer! Gonna have to write my congressman or something! 

Can't wait to see this feature in action. Thanks for the quick reply, and thanks Mark for catching this! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS