Can Book Titles / TOC info be found in our Search results?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 855
Ron Corbett | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2015 2:16 PM

Was thinking about doing a little research on Continuity / Discontinuity ands on the logos site so I typed in "title:continuity". I got a book by Feinberg on the subject (among others) in my results. Then, I wondered if the new tagging that has been going on in Logos during the past few years can provide a result like this in a normal BASIC search of this word. In other words, if I type "continuity" into BASIC Search, can it give me any book in my Library with that word in the title (or subject) or in the TOC? What a help this could be. Imaging a whole chapter or section of a book on the subject that one is searching on. The info is already there ... maybe a milestone search ???  It would just save time in the case of the Library title, but in the case of a TOC entry, I don't know if this can be done yet. Maybe it can?

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

The "Library Resources" section in Everything search will search resource titles (and other metadata, but not TOC) for your search query:

Posts 29804
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2015 5:31 PM

Just for the sake of muddying the waters... Many Vyrso resources have text TOC's, so I assume those <would> come back in a search result (as any other "text" would). 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS