Linux version of Logos Bible Software

Page 43 of 49 (964 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last »
This post has 963 Replies | 52 Followers

Posts 2
Nicholas Hebert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2019 9:58 AM

Voted!

We're now at #32

Posts 122
Paul Unger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2019 8:34 AM

Added my three votes. Currently sitting at #27.

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2019 1:20 PM

Well, I updated to Wine 5.0 RC3 as soon as it dropped. I'm running all 64 bit on Kubuntu 19.10 and the only oddity that I have noticed other than the known bugs that are logged was an occasional failed opening of Logos.

It does not crash, at least with a pop-up crash notification and clicking the shortcut a second time opens immediately and runs excellently. The first attempt to open brings up the Logos splash and then a brief graphical look of opening then nothing. But again the second attempt to open is flawless.

On the positive side - it seems to have no problem exiting and fully closing the program. When I close it, the program syncs and closes and when I go to system monitor it is fully closed.

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2020 4:35 AM

Running the latest Wine 64, Logos 64 on Kubuntu 19.10:

I have Logos and the indexer set to run on the appropriate versions in winecfg.

After clearing out the corrupted index files, as I posted previously, I have been able to have consistent success with indexing completing. This includes twice indexing sequences over the past two days when adding resources to the library. Both times the indexer fired up, I was able to watch the percentage increase and the indexer ultimately closed itself out. The files structure in the index folder matched up with successful Windows installs.

Posts 10
Nick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2020 5:08 AM

Hi, Frank. 

I'm interested in this, because I'm getting problems.  I'm using Debian Bullseye with wine-staging at 5-rc3, 64 bit.

When I try to install in win7, it automatically goes to indexing and crashes.

When I tried to reset the directories as per your instructions of Christmas Day, it complained that I needed to update Logos to the latest version.  Which seemed just to put me back into an infinite loop.

I've uploaded terminal output and backtrace from my indexing crash at https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=47668

I'm also interested by the fact that some functionality hasn't worked for me under 64 bit, but does under 32 bit.  Namely the help cards.

Any comments would be gratefully appreciated.

Nick

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2020 10:49 AM

Hey Nick,

I'm not sure on your help card issue. As for the indexer issue, in winecfg I have Logos.exe set to Windows 10 and LogosIndexer.exe set to Windows XP. You have to make sure that winecfg is run in the logos folder, for example 'winecfg /.wine/<name of logos folder>'

If you are still getting loop crashing, as you called it, you may want to back up your data directory and download the latest logos installer. run the installer and then move the resources back to the new data directory.

You can then run the Scan command in logos directing it to scan the new data directory.

Posts 1041
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:57 PM

Nick:
I'm interested in this, because I'm getting problems.  I'm using Debian Bullseye with wine-staging at 5-rc3, 64 bit.

When I try to install in win7, it automatically goes to indexing and crashes.

I think that is supposed to work in rc3, is that the crash you reported on bugzilla at winehq?

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 10
Nick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 6 2020 4:02 AM

John, Yes it is!

Posts 1
Aaron C Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 10 2020 6:27 PM

Voted on WineHQ AppDB as well, 75 votes and 22nd place Smile

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 16 2020 6:20 PM

Have to say.... Having run Logos on Linux now for a while, it is working quite nicely.

Still running full 64 Bit across the board, with no indexing issues and very consistent performance. (Kubuntu 19.10, Logos 8.10 RC2, Wine 5.0 RC5 all 64)

I've been trying different tweaks to try to find what is causing the printing issue... So far, nothing has worked. But the removing corrupt indexes, allowing the indexer to complete in 64 Bit is good

Posts 673
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 17 2020 8:46 PM

Just completed the upgrade to Kubuntu 20.04 - everything is running the same in regard to Logos. No issues found with the OS upgrade thus far. Seems the one drawback may be not having access to upgrading Wine, until they add a Focal repository

Posts 15
Gene W. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2020 8:17 AM
Hi Daniel, thank you for your work on this. I followed the steps and everything looks like it installed correctly, but when I try to launch Logos I get target not found: /home/u/Desktop/Logos.sh.

I do see the Logos.sh in Desktop. Is there a different way I should launch this that I'm missing?

Running Manjaro Gnome

Husband, Dad, Expat to Northern Europe. I serve people, share hope, & write about simple theology for a messy life at genewhitehead.com.

Posts 843
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2020 9:29 AM

Gene,

From a command prompt in a terminal, run ./Logos.sh

That's what I have to do in Ubuntu because the launch icon doesn't work.

Posts 76
David J. Ring, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2020 11:20 AM

Hi Gene,

I don't know if you've checked these things.

Your user name must be "u" so check permissions. Open terminal, and list the Desktop folder. ls /home/u/Desktop/ Is Logos.sh there? If it is, check permissions using terminal. ls -l /home/u/Desktop/Logos.sh You should get back something similar to this. Ignore the numbers as I made those up: -rwxrwxrwx 2 u u 652 Jan 12 2020 Logos.sh  Just look at the -rwxrwxrwx and the ownership names "u u" as the file name, the rest I just made up. The parts that important are that there are x's in the first part and that your user name owns the file. Become root and chmod if you don't see rwxrwxrwx and chown if you don't own the file.  Either condition will cause that error. Regards, David

Posts 35
Daniel Ribeiro da Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 22 2020 12:29 PM

Gene W.:
Hi Daniel, thank you for your work on this. I followed the steps and everything looks like it installed correctly, but when I try to launch Logos I get target not found: /home/u/Desktop/Logos.sh.

I do see the Logos.sh in Desktop. Is there a different way I should launch this that I'm missing?

Running Manjaro Gnome

You can use the same that the script at the end of installation run:

$HOME/Desktop/Logos.sh

But you should be able to run it from your Desktop with a double click (or using right click and on the "Run" option). If you have some bug/suggestion/comment... you can post a issue HERE too.

Posts 24
Olrik van der Woerd | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 12:25 PM

It seems that there is a new wine-stable: wine 5.0-stable, which works only with FAudio. I didnt have the time to check it out...

Posts 35
Daniel Ribeiro da Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 23 2020 3:24 PM

Ollie Pindakaas:

It seems that there is a new wine-stable: wine 5.0-stable, which works only with FAudio. I didnt have the time to check it out...

I will wait for the release of "wine staging x86 v5.0" from playonlinux. They were able to compile only the "wine upstream x86 v5.0" version, but the "wine staging x86 v5.0" got an error. And I feel that the wine developers don't consider this v5.0 stable, but that they want to forget about supporting previous versions (because it hasn't had many tests yet).

Posts 27
Marc Zoellner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 24 2020 7:48 AM

John Goodman:
I want us to be in the top 25, ideally ahead of the watchtower library app;)

*Done* Geeked

Many greetings
Marc

Posts 24
Olrik van der Woerd | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 26 2020 10:00 AM

Ollie Pindakaas:

Maybe are these three videos on YouTube helpful:

- Wine 5.0 on Ubuntu 19.10 > watch?v=uE 73Hjfy7s

- Wine 5.0 on ubuntu 18.04 > watch?v=sj08gKkHDpY

- Wine 5.0 on Mint 19.3 > watch?v=T6epKRoHpRw

Page 43 of 49 (964 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > ... Last » | RSS