Videos & motion backgrounds do not play

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Rev Stephen Thomas | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2015 5:09 AM

When I add a video from the Media library it will not play on the church laptop computer, which is running windows vista.  I have carried out the recommended installation of the codec pack and have checked default settings without success.  I do not believe it is a synch issue, hardware acceleration or antivirus issue as proclaim has always worked fine otherwise on this machine.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2015 10:23 AM

Rev Stephen Thomas:

When I add a video from the Media library it will not play on the church laptop computer, which is running windows vista.  I have carried out the recommended installation of the codec pack and have checked default settings without success.  I do not believe it is a synch issue, hardware acceleration or antivirus issue as proclaim has always worked fine otherwise on this machine.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

Are you able to open and play the following video using Windows Media Player on the church laptop? https://www.dropbox.com/s/pezebjlu104prk0/Countdown.mp4?dl=1

Posts 5
Rev Stephen Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 11:00 PM

Hi Scott, Yes I was able to play the video in Windows Media Player.  Stephen

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 11:06 PM

Rev Stephen Thomas:

Hi Scott, Yes I was able to play the video in Windows Media Player.  Stephen

Please try to play a video in Proclaim, then submit the log files and we'll take a look to see if we can diagnose further. 

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 11:16 PM

2015-12-30 22:22:34.5266 1 Error VideoPlayer Windows Media Player media failed event - C:/Users/mel/AppData/Local/Proclaim/MediaCache/f6baa5a2-3373-4330-9e67-8fe8851bee39.mp4 System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Media file download failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC00D0FEA): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D0FEA

Can you confirm that the file listed in the log exists? And that you can open and play it manually using Windows Media Player? 

C:/Users/mel/AppData/Local/Proclaim/MediaCache/f6baa5a2-3373-4330-9e67-8fe8851bee39.mp4 

Posts 5
Rev Stephen Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2015 5:57 PM

Hi Scott,

The file does not exist, the path seems to be incorrect. 

The path C:/Users/mel/ does not have a folder AppData. This path only has a folder Music and it only contains a temporary file. 

There is a file C:/users/AppData and it has several empty folders which terminate in an empty Log folder.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS