Whose your sales person?

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 27 2015 3:36 PM

Rusty Davidson had been my Logos salesperson, and became my friend over the last couple years. But he's moved on. I then switched to Mark Wheeler who had pursued my business for a while, but he recently left Verbum. So now I don't know any of the sales staff and am without a salesman.

So what I'm looking for, is who you contact for sales, and why you use them over other people.

I am not bothered by whether they are with Logos or Verbum. I buy both, though I do buy more Logos stuff than verbum.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 634
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 3:40 PM

Cliff has always taken good care of me.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 3:43 PM

I use Dave Kaplan by phone, email, social media, whatever. Dave is the one that called me when my wife passed away and at the time everyone was contacting me to upgrade to Logos 5. Dave and I hit it off because of San Antonio! I made him my personal sales rep and flagged my account that only he could contact me. My relationship with Logos Bible Software has only been through Dave for several years now. I have a back up sales rep but I will not name him or her for when Dave is not available.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 3:51 PM

Dave Kaplan is the man. He has never failed me.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 37
Nina Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 4:02 PM

Dave Kaplan is my guy. If he is unavailable I would use Christopher Jones.

Posts 165
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 4:29 PM

Frank,

Thank you Frank, this means a lot to me. I am very glad that I have been ale to serve you and hope to be able to continue doing so in the future as well.

I hope your Christmas was a blessed one.

Cliff

Posts 532
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 6:02 PM

abondservant:
But he's moved on. I then switched to Mark Wheeler who had pursued my business for a while, but he recently left Verbum. So now I don't know any of the sales staff and am without a salesman.

Mark has looked after me well over the years - so I am also without a regular salesperson... Thanks for this thread, Rusty! Smile

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 3152
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 6:04 PM

I usually just buy online myself. Most of the time I send e-mails to sales they never get answered or responded to so I gave up

Posts 63
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 6:25 PM

I don't have a "Guy". I just buy what I need online and when I need to get a deal or find a package upgrade and need questions answered I just go to the chat support and talk tot he first guy who answers. They all seem like great guys and always try to find me a good deal and work with me based on my budget. Should I have a "Guy"?

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 6:29 PM

Another Vote for Dave Kaplan.  Been with him for years.  He goes the extra mile, I often here from him shortly after I email, regardless of the time.  He does have many loyal clients, which may mean additional wait time.  However, it is never long and worth the wait.

Posts 3023
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 8:28 PM

I am a Verbum customer who detests the Verbum website shopping experience and does all of his shopping on Logos.com, although I do sometimes then make the actual purchase on Verbum.com for the principle of the thing. Almost all of my purchases have been via the Logos or Verbum websites (except for the base packages, which were done through various salespeople, including Mark Wheeler).

If a salesperson wants to start offering me not-on-the-website deals on one or more things (bundled or not) in my wishlists, you could acquire a dedicated customer in short order...

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 4:52 AM

Glenn Crouch:

abondservant:
But he's moved on. I then switched to Mark Wheeler who had pursued my business for a while, but he recently left Verbum. So now I don't know any of the sales staff and am without a salesman.

Mark has looked after me well over the years - so I am also without a regular salesperson... Thanks for this thread, Rusty! Smile

My name is actually Ken ;) Rusty was my former salesperson.

But you are quite welcome! A good sales person is a must around here. The best deals are made in two contexts. When a new salesman is courting your business and secondly, in the context of an established friendship.

I don't have anything to buy at the moment, but I'm saving these names so when that time comes I have someone to reach out to.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 5:57 AM

Mark Wheeler always is a great Help for meSmile

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 6:00 AM

@ abondservant Mark is still there 

Posts 80
Rick J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 6:26 AM

I have worked with John Groce for the past couple of years and he as been very helpful and responsive.  The following is his contact information:

360-398-5116 Direct Line

1-800-875-6467 Ext 5116

John.groce@logos.com

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 6:32 AM

Dave Kaplan has been my rep for 7 years.

I usually email my list to him and he responds promptly.

Great guy!

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 8:26 AM

I'd second Cliff K as my salesperson! He actually helped my mom a couple years ago on a Christmas purchase she was  making for me and well, if Mom likes him, how I could I refute that! Wink  He's always had intelligent insight when I've got to choose between several great resources and has been pleasant to work with.  I've worked with him over the phone and via email. He's got my vote for anyone looking.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 128
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 8:54 AM

My experience with the salespersons is that they offer the exact same prices I can get on the website, so I'm not really sure why I should bother with one. Maybe I've just been unlucky...

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 9:17 AM

Sascha John:

@ abondservant Mark is still there 

Mark Wheeler left on Christmas Eve. He was a great sales rep for me. 

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 9:22 AM

Russel Taylor:

My experience with the salespersons is that they offer the exact same prices I can get on the website, so I'm not really sure why I should bother with one. Maybe I've just been unlucky...

I have had success "at times" getting them to give me dynamic pricing on some collections.

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS