Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 151
Jeff Chappell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 28 2015 10:53 AM

In the service yesterday am, the media guys failed to put a stop background music prior to the sermon recording. Instead, they just muted the music which resulted in background music with the sermon. Can this be filtered out? Can there be a fix that stops background music from being recorded in the future? Or a way not to publish that channel in the case of a mistake such as this? I am assuming the sermon is lost; however, I hope that is not the case. Looking forward to suggestions?

Posts 906
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 11:04 AM

Jeff Chappell:
Can this be filtered out? 

Sort of. If you load the background music and the recording with the background music into Audacity (https://community.logos.com/forums/t/119625.aspx for how to get the audio file and http://www.howtogeek.com/61250/how-to-isolate-and-save-vocals-from-music-tracks-using-audacity/ for removing the music), you can subtract it out, but the quality will likely not be good. 

Jeff Chappell:

Can there be a fix that stops background music from being recorded in the future?

Since Proclaim has no way of knowing what sound is "background" and what is intentional, I don't think there could ever be an acceptable way to prevent certain audio streams from recording. I am curious how your system is set up, though. I record off of our sound board's output, so if something is muted, there is nothing on the recording. I don't know why you would record sound which is not playing.

Jeff Chappell:

Or a way not to publish that channel in the case of a mistake such as this?

Just log into SoundFaith and delete it. 

Posts 4695
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 12:30 AM

Jeff Chappell:
I am assuming the sermon is lost;

Having read the solution -- I do wonder if it would be quicker to preach the sermon again?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS