Is NAC price correct?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1031
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 29 2015 3:52 PM

I noticed that to get the newest volume of the NAC I have to pay 2x what competitors are charging. I know the usual 'yeah but logos books are better' arguments but having been around here a while and spent a lot of money the price difference seems like more than usual.

In fact, I often find it is cheaper to go with Logos. When logos is more expensive it tends not to be excessively so.

Can someone from faithlife confirm whether this price is correct and can you do any better?

Thanks

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 4:06 PM

John Goodman:

I noticed that to get the newest volume of the NAC I have to pay 2x what competitors are charging. 

Do you mind sharing which volume that is? Is it 1 Corinthians? That's what I thought was the latest one and I paid $19.99 prepub (I see it is now $25.95).

Posts 434
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 4:23 PM

I notice that people used to compare the prices between Logos and Olivetree, how about Accordance, are they cheaper?

Thanks.

Posts 69
LogosEmployee
Derek Fekkes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 4:49 PM

Are you referring to the 1 Corinthians volume? I'm seeing it priced similarly elsewhere, including basic ebook versions.

Posts 1031
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 4:54 PM

Yes at the leading eBook seller it is under 10 dollars

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 5:25 PM

John Goodman:

Using the price tracker I do, I can tell you that it has been under $3 within the past 30 days. It isnt worth even that to me in the kindle format. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 69
LogosEmployee
Derek Fekkes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 5:32 PM

You are correct. I guess I was seeing some print versions, which are comparable price-wise. 

Posts 1226
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 7:16 PM

John Goodman:

If you are referring to Amazon, I have 1000+ books there, but almost NEVER go there. Its a waste in my opinion. Commentaries are best when leveraged in Logos where you can highlight and takes notes that culminate in a Note Document, you can sync it with your Bible to follow along as you read your Bible, you can search it 100 different ways from Sunday, you can have visual filters set to identify key elements for you, etc, etc. There really is NO comparison, and I regret most of the books I have purchased in Kindle, even the .99c ones. It simply is not worth it when you realize what Logos can do.

Plus, even if you do read the whole commentary in Kindle, once you are done that's it. You'll likely never return there. Yet if you have that resource in Logos, anytime you search for a verse or word or tag found in that commentary, you will get a hit..even 10 years later, when the Kindle version is old news to you. 

IMHO

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 1083
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 9:47 PM

John click on this link for a lower price it will add the missing vol for me it was $15.59

https://www.logos.com/product/55024/the-new-american-commentary-series  

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 10:21 PM

Lee:
for me it was $15.59

Apart from Dynamic Pricing was any other discounting in effect when you purchased at that price?

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 10:34 PM

for me it's 19,99 just DP

Posts 3733
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 1:00 AM

It is cheaper for me to buy it as part of the entire collection ($15 to upgrade, with 1 Corinthians the only new volume) than separately ($21). If you already own NAC and are interested in the upgrade, this may be worth looking into. BTW, this is often the case for commentaries of any series: you get them cheaper when you upgrade the series than if you buy them as stand-alone.

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 3:43 AM

Lee:

John click on this link for a lower price it will add the missing vol for me it was $15.59

https://www.logos.com/product/55024/the-new-american-commentary-series  

Do you have academic pricing?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1083
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 5:04 AM

Yes I do have academic pricing also, sorry I left that out before.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 148
Michael Wert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 6:21 AM

Kind of along these same lines,  is there an easy way to search for the volumes that are missing in a set of books like this?  I did not know I was missing this one.  If not....Logos should have their marketing team all over this.  I am a sucker for having complete sets if possible.

Posts 806
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 8:23 AM

Mike:

Kind of along these same lines,  is there an easy way to search for the volumes that are missing in a set of books like this?  I did not know I was missing this one.  If not....Logos should have their marketing team all over this.  I am a sucker for having complete sets if possible.

Same here in both cases: I didn't know I was missing it, and I'm a sucker for complete sets.

Posts 97
Earl Sheneman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 9:10 AM

I did not know I was missing it either. Thanks to the OP for pointing it out as I like to have a complete set.

Posts 148
Michael Wert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 9:13 AM

Found a poor mans way to figure it out.  You know how Logos is always trying to sell you a larger collection than what you currently own.  Open up the Base Collections like the "Collector's Edition".  Down just a little ways on the page it will tell you what is "new to you".  As you scroll down on the left there are symbols like a white B in a orange circle.  a number 6 in a blue circle.  Every once in a whole there is a Green ? (looks like a man) in a green circle.  If you hover your mouse over it, it will say you own part of this collection, and tell you how many you are missing.  Now you will have to do this for all the different packages like the Reformed etc.  Little work for this poor mans method.  This will only work if there included in some base package.   Still looking for a better system or marketing tool form Logos!

Mike

Posts 1441
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 12:49 PM

Francis:

It is cheaper for me to buy it as part of the entire collection ($15 to upgrade, with 1 Corinthians the only new volume) than separately ($21). If you already own NAC and are interested in the upgrade, this may be worth looking into. BTW, this is often the case for commentaries of any series: you get them cheaper when you upgrade the series than if you buy them as stand-alone.

What do you do to see it at $15?  For me, it shows as $19.99 even when looking at the entire collection?

Posts 6865
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2015 12:54 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

Francis:

What do you do to see it at $15?  For me, it shows as $19.99 even when looking at the entire collection?

Lee answered that question: Some have academic pricing. For them it shows $15 and change for me $19 and change. Hope that helps!

DAL

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS