Wesley's Works - edited by Albert Outler

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2852
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 20 2010 1:40 PM

I would love to see Logos do something for Wesley's Works similar to the new Calvin 500 Collection.

Currently only the Jackson edition is available on Logos, but Albert Outler is editor of a far superior edition of Wesley's Works that Cokesbury has been publishing for several years now.  This will be the standard by which other editions are judged.  The footnotes alone make it invaluable.

I highly recommend that Logos consider attempting to obtain the rights to this.  I would certainly want it.

Anyone else interested?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 3718
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 1:45 PM

Yes

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2010 12:09 PM

Deeply Interested!

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 118
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2010 12:14 PM

I too would be interested!!

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 46

Absolutely interested! Outler (and of late Heitzenreiter) knew (know) Wesley (perhaps better than he did himself).

Blessings,

Dale Durnell

Coming to you from Henryetta Oklahoma (45 miles south of Tulsa, and 85 miles east of OKC)

Posts 1
Jim Bass | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 7:51 PM

I Agree wholeheartedly and am absolutely interested in seeing the Outler edition come to Logos.

I am not that hopeful however, because I don't think Abingdon is all that interested. They seem to still to be trying to release their own software editions of some of their works.

I would still urge Logos to try to obtain these rights and perhaps it will happen (Zondervan, after all has finally come to Logos!).

Posts 3718
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2010 8:33 PM

To show your interest in Wesleyan works, you might consider placing a bid on Pope's Compendium of Christian Theology. on the Community Pricing page:

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5664

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2852
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:22 PM

Already in, and I agree that is a good idea.  It will be a bargain.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS