Windows 10 Task Bar only shows a single Logos window even if multiples are open

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 5 2016 8:14 AM

This is with Logos 6.9 beta 3 on Windows 10.

As the screenshot shows I have a main Logos window open and a floating window - but the taskbar popup only shows the floating one

Other apps - such as Microsoft Word - show all open windows

This is a change between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Is it possible to restore the earlier behaviour?

Thanks, Graham

PS: I think I have seen this discussed previously but can't find the threads if it was

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 8:36 AM

Graham Criddle:
As the screenshot shows I have a main Logos window open and a floating window - but the taskbar popup only shows the floating one

That's odd, as I'm correctly seeing all floating windows when hovering over the taskbar - also 6.9 Beta 3, Windows 10. Tongue Tied

I'm not aware of any that would change this behavior, but do you have any Windows settings that might affect the taskbar or application grouping?

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 21860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 8:52 AM

Dylan Rondeau:
That's odd, as I'm correctly seeing all floating windows when hovering over the taskbar - also 6.9 Beta 3, Windows 10. Tongue Tied

Hi Dylan - thanks for checking

Dylan Rondeau:
but do you have any Windows settings that might affect the taskbar or application grouping?

Not that I know of - and I can't think of any setting that would affect this.

Posts 21860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 9:07 AM

Just noticed another couple of things:

• it does show me multiple floating Logos windows as previews - but not the main one. If I close all the floating windows it doesn't show any preview at all. 
  • My taskbar shows open applications with an "underline" whereas your seems to be using a different scheme (more like the behaviour on Windows 8). I thought that Windows 10 had moved to this new type of indication.

EDIT: I just rebooted my computer and all the previews are back. Sorry - I should have tried that first before posting.

Posts 24843
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 9:55 AM

Graham Criddle:
My taskbar shows open applications with an "underline" whereas your seems to be using a different scheme (more like the behaviour on Windows 8). I thought that Windows 10 had moved to this new type of indication.

Dylan's taskbar has a line under the Logos app if you look closely.

Graham Criddle:
EDIT: I just rebooted my computer and all the previews are back.

Which is (fairly) standard behavior with Win 10, except when software updates fail.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 21860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 10:05 AM

Dave Hooton:

Graham Criddle:
My taskbar shows open applications with an "underline" whereas your seems to be using a different scheme (more like the behaviour on Windows 8). I thought that Windows 10 had moved to this new type of indication.

Dylan's taskbar has a line under the Logos app if you look closely.

Good spotBig Smile

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 10:30 AM

Graham Criddle:
EDIT: I just rebooted my computer and all the previews are back. Sorry - I should have tried that first before posting.

Don't apologise. It's a long-standing bug that drives me crazy!

Bug: Windows Task bar doesn't show that Logos is running

Posts 21860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 10:35 AM

Mark Barnes:

Don't apologise. It's a long-standing bug that drives me crazy!

Bug: Windows Task bar doesn't show that Logos is running

Thanks Mark

I thought I had seen it somewhere!

Graham

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:06 AM

Graham Criddle:

That's normal.  If you hover over the icon or click on it, you will see the other instances.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 21860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 12:37 PM

George Somsel:

Graham Criddle:

That's normal.  If you hover over the icon or click on it, you will see the other instances.

Its what I would have expected but my first screenshot shows it wasn't working at the time.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS